Tesla has some of the most eye-catching, minimalist designs on electric cars, which make their cars noticeable on the road. However, Tesla vehicles are not the cheapest electric cars you can find in the market. Luckily, the company has a lease program that allows individuals to enjoy driving the best EV cars in performance and appearance. How much does it cost to lease a Tesla varies depending on the make, trim, down payment, and monthly payments.
Nevertheless, a Tesla lease has many benefits that include low minimum down payment requirement, ownership flexibility, massive tax incentives, flexible leasing terms, and no security deposit. The Tesla lease terms usually feature a three-year drive time and multiple annual mileage options of 15,000, 12,000, and 10,000 per year.
However, the lease terms may change depending on the state of residence and the cost of the model you want to lease. This article helps you understand how much does it cost to lease a Tesla vehicle and what you should expect from the popular 2021 Tesla models.
What Is New And How Much Does It Cost To Lease A Tesla 2021 Model?
The 2021 Tesla models continue the basics that have made Tesla the prestige electric car manufacturer. They offer a desirable combination of high-tech interiors and excellent performance with an outstanding driving range.
Tesla’s Model X crossover is the most expensive release, but it features unique Falcon Wing doors and room for up to seven passengers. All models have quick acceleration, with the Model X Plaid requiring 2.5 seconds to reach 60 mph, Model Y requiring 3.5 seconds, and Model 3 taking 3.1 seconds to hit 60 mph.
What Should You Expect From Tesla 2021 Models?
2021 Tesla Model 3
- Overview: The 2021 Tesla Model 3 is the most affordable option and the most popular of all the 2021 releases. It combines some styling cues from the Model X and Model S, but it adds a unique feel with an outstanding interior design and a marvelous all-glass roof. The chassis is functional, and the acceleration is wonderful. The car is ideal for long-distance travel, with the base trim offering up to 263 miles driving range, while the long-range trim can take you up to 353 miles per charge.
- New Updates: The 2021 Model 3 has a host of enhancements that make driving the vehicle more fun. Tesla has swapped the bright chrome styling elements available in the 2020 model for satin black trim. The 2021 Tesla Model 3 comes with a power-operated trunk and three new wheel designs for a fresh look. The metallic door-sill protectors adopt the black satin trim, while the center console now features two wireless charging pads. The infotainment scroll wheels and the seat-adjustment controls have a metal finish. The 2021 Model 3 release has a better driving range than the 2020 model. The long-range configuration has attained 31 miles more to 353 miles per charge. The standard configuration range changes to 263 miles from 250 miles.
- Safety and Warranty: The 2021 Model 3 has some of the best safety and driver-assistance features that ensure smooth operation. Some of the impressive features include the automatic lane change, standard lane-departure warning, automated emergency braking, and adaptive cruise control. The car further comes with one of the longest warranty coverage in the electrical vehicle industry. The limited warranty offers four years or 50,000 miles protection, while the powertrain warranty covers up to 100,000 miles or eight years.
How Much Does It Cost To Lease A Tesla Model 3?
Tesla Model 3 is available in three trims: the affordable standard range plus, long-range, and sportier performance. The standard range plus is the value option and costs about $38,500 and has a 263-miles range. The long-range configuration costs about $47,500 and delivers 353 miles driving range.
The performance trim price starts at about $57,000 and offers 315 miles per charge. How much does it cost to lease a Tesla 2021 Model 3 will depend on the features you want. Tesla offers flexible leasing options that allow buyers to custom their cars. Nevertheless, the average leasing for Model 3 include:
- $371 per month and $5,566 signing fee for the standard range with all the basic features and 10,000 miles
- $472 per month and $5,667 signing fee for the long-range with all basic features and 10,000 miles
- $620 per month and $5,815 signing fee for the performance trim with all basic features and 10,000 miles
2021 Tesla Model X
- Overview: The 2021 Tesla Model X is a top electric SUV that is highly entertaining with exceptional performance. It has a lovely design that captures the attention and delivers outstanding long-range battery performance and remarkable acceleration. The 2021 Model X has an optional third-row seat that makes it perfect for family-oriented buyers. Model X is available in two trims that include the long-range and plaid. The long-range is the base trim and comes with two electric motors for an all-wheel-drive capability. It delivers 670 horsepower and can hit 60mph from zero in 3.8 seconds. The plaid option is a high-performance variant that can reach 60 mph from zero in 2.5 seconds.
- New Updates: The 2021 Model X has seen an interior and exterior styling refresh. The cleaner lines give the 2021 model a modern exterior appearance, while the F1-style square steering wheel and a redesigned infotainment display give the interior a new look.
- Safety and Warranty: The 2021 Model X highlights are safety and tech features. An autopilot feature offers a semi-autonomous driving mode. It uses multiple sensors, cameras, and radars to detect people, objects, and other road users while in autopilot mode. Tesla Model X further comes with a summon feature that enables users to park or retrieve the car while standing outdoors. Tesla offers two warranty coverage options for Model X without complimentary scheduled maintenance. A limited warranty covers up to 50,000 miles or four years, while the powertrain warranty is for eight years, irrespective of miles.
How Much Does It Cost To Lease A Tesla 2021 Model X?
The long-range trim is the affordable Model X variant and will cost about $91,100. It has a dual-motor all-wheel-drive platform that offers quick acceleration and remarkable power. The long-range configuration can hit 60 mph from zero in 3.8 seconds. It delivers 670 hp peak power and 360 miles range in a single charge.
The plaid configuration costs about $121,100 and has a tri-motor all-wheel drive that provides 1,020 hp peak power and 240 miles range. The plaid can reach 60 mph from zero in 2.5 seconds. How much does it cost to lease a Tesla 2021 Model X varies in different states and features included, but the general lease costs include:
- $1,411 per month and $5,558 signing fee for the long-range trim with basic features and 12,000 miles
- $2,211 per month and $6,543 signing fee for the plaid with basic features and 12,000 miles
2021 Tesla Model Y
- Overview: Tesla Model Y brings flexibility and versatility. It has a seven-passenger capacity, and the second-row seat can fold flat independently to create room for luggage. The Model Y adopts the Model 3 chassis, powertrain, and interior but offers more cargo space and optional third-row seats. It is available in standard range trim, long-range, and performance configuration. The standard range has a rear-wheel drive, but its availability is restricted to showrooms. The performance and long-range variants come with an all-wheel drive as the standard.
- New Updates: The biggest change for the 2021 Model Y car is the introduction of the standard range trim with a 244-mile driving range and rear-wheel drive. However, the option is no longer available on the maker’s website. As per the company, the trim will be replaced by a single-motor option that delivers more range. The 2021 model further comes with optional third-row seats.
- Safety and Warranty: Tesla Model Y has a host of safety and advanced driver-assistance system features that ensure a smooth ride. The autopilot semi-autonomous driving system is available as a standard feature, while the summon feature and self-parking features are available as optional additions. Other available safety elements include automated emergency braking, lane-departure warning, and adaptive cruise control. Tesla offers 50,000 miles or four years limited warranty and 100,000 miles or eight years powertrain warranty for Model Y.
How Much Does It Cost To Lease A Tesla 2021 Model Y?
The withdrawn standard range costs about $41,000. The long-range costs about $51,100 and delivers 326 miles per charge and can hit 60 mph from zero in 4.8 seconds. The performance trim costs about $62,000 and offers up to 303 miles per charge. It has one of the quickest acceleration, hitting 60 mph from zero in 3.5 seconds. The 2021 Tesla Model Y lease offer starts at $499 per month with a $4,500 down payment and 10,000 miles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes. You can transfer your Tesla lease to an eligible person. However, Tesla does not allow lease transfer in the final 12 months.
Yes. You can buy out your car or sell it to a third-party dealership, but you will have to review the lease contract. Nonetheless, third-party individuals cannot purchase a Tesla from a leaseholder.
Yes. Tesla allows early lease termination if you have at least one lease payment remaining.
Tesla has some of the best electric cars with a remarkable combination between performance and design. However, Tesla vehicles are usually highly-priced, which makes them unattainable to most people. The Tesla lease allows people to own one of the latest cars without a down payment or excessive capital outlay.