The Range Rover Velar has an eye-catching design that makes the head turn whenever it passes. Since 2018, the Range Rover Velar has topped ratings in the best small luxury SUV. The 2021 Range Rover Velar offers the best balance between design and performance. Also, the 2021 model replaces the 3.0-liter supercharged V-6 engine with a reliable 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-6 engine with mild-hybrid tech.
The 2021 Velar make further sees the 5.0-liter supercharged V-8 offered on the 2020 Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography exit the stage. The base powertrain with the cheapest Range Rover Velar lease price comes with a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4, delivering 247 horsepower that is adequate for most people.
For individuals looking for greater power, the 2021 Velar has a mild-hybrid powertrain that offers 335 hp in the S and R-Dynamic configurations. The mild-hybrid option features a beefed-up starter motor that assists the engine during high loads and in recovering the energy during coasting and braking. The motor also powers an electric compressor, helping boost pressure before the conventional turbocharger takes over. For customers willing to pay a higher Range Rover lease cost, the 2021 Velar offers 395 hp in the top of the range R-Dynamic HSE grade.
What Should You Know About The 2021 Range Rover Velar?
Whenever you are looking to buy the latest release model, you will need to put into consideration what the make brings to the market that is not available in the earlier models. The Range Rover vehicles are known for their top of the range performance, but the 2021 Range Rover Velar offers a balance between on-road performance and stylish design. The 2021 make has addressed most of the shortcomings that held back the previous models.
The optional supercharged V6 engine option is no longer available. In its place, the Range Rover introduces a turbocharged inline-six option with a mild hybrid system that enhances acceleration and seamless operation of the fuel-saving engine stop-start system. The infotainment system has also seen a big upgrade with the introduction of the Pivi Pro software interface. The manufacturer has further introduced an active noise cancellation system and an optional cabin air filtration feature.
The 2021 Range Rover Velar base trim features a 247-hp turbocharged 2-liter four-cylinder engine that needs about 7.4 seconds to hit 60 mph. While the base model performs exceptionally well against the competition, it expectedly lags behind the powerful trains. The 335-hp turbocharged and 395-hp supercharged 3-liter inline-six options offer better acceleration power, hitting 60 mph in about 5 seconds. The supercharged V-8 in the SV Autobiography trim is highly charismatic and powerful.
However, the high entry Range Rover Velar lease price for the SV Autobiography means very few people can afford to buy it. You may have to look for the best Range Rover lease takeover offers to drive the SV Autobiography on the cheap. The SV Autobiography trim compares favorably against the top luxury cars like the Porsche Macan Turbo, Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, and Mercedes-AMG GLC-class. In addition to exceptional acceleration, the 2021 Range Rover Velar also has outstanding handling. The suspension system fully controls the SUVs body motions, enabling you to easily and comfortably navigate all terrains.
The trims with air suspension let you raise or lower your ride height for more dynamic moves or greater dexterity off-road. The 2021 Land Rover Velar is available in three engine configurations. The turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder unit with 247 hp is the standard in the Velar S and R-Dynamic S trims. The turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-6 with mild-hybrid producing 335hp is a performance option for the S and R-Dynamic S configurations.
The top of the line 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-6 engine with 395 horsepower is available in the R-Dynamic HSE trim. All engines come with the Land Rover’s AWD hardware and excellent 8-speed automatic transmission as standard.
The 2021 Range Rover Velar Engine Configurations Highlight
2-Liter Turbocharged Inline 4
- It is available for S and R-Dynamic S
- 21 mpg EPA for the city and 27 mpg for highway fuel economy
- 247 horsepower at 5,500 rpm
- 269 lb-ft of torque at 1,400 to 4,500 rpm
3-Liter Turbocharged Inline 6
- Available for the S and R-Dynamic S trims
- 335 horsepower at 6,500 rpm
- 354 lb-ft of torque at 1,500 to 4,500 rpm
3-Liter Turbocharged Inline 6
- Available for the R-Dynamic HSE
- 395 horsepower at 6,500 rpm
- 405 lb-ft of torque at 2,000 to 5,000 rpm
The Velar has a simple interior design rendered with horizontal lines and bold rectilinear forms. The high-quality materials deployed in interesting ways are easily noticeable. The Land Rover gives you an option to choose between wood and metal for your door trims. The vehicle has excellent detailing throughout the interiors. It has a five-passenger seating capacity with 38.2 inches front headroom and 40.3 inches front legroom.
The luxury SUV features 38-inches second-row headroom and 37.2-inches second-row legroom. The Velar interior highlights include bucket front seats, 12-way passenger and driver seat, folding front seat, power tilt, front cupholder, rear cupholder, and illuminated locking glove box.
As one of the best luxury SUV cars, the Range Rover Velar comes with an extensive list of entertainment, driver assistance, and safety features.
- Infotainment – The 2021 Velar has a futuristic-looking dual dashboard-touchscreen display for all your entertainment needs. The dual 10-inch displays run on the new Pivi Pro infotainment interface, making the interface more responsive and easier to use than the previous models. The standard options include Bluetooth connectivity, voice control, in-dash navigation, eight speakers, and Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- Safety features – The 2021 model has a host of safety and driver-assistance features that make your ride as comfortable and reliable as possible. The driver-assistance features on Velar include automated emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, blind-spot monitoring, and adaptive cruise control. Other safety features include standard automated emergency braking with pedestrian detection, lane-departure warning, emergency SOS, tire specific low tire pressure warning, airbag occupancy sensor, and child seat sensor, and power rear child safety locks.
- Unique features – The 2021 Range Rover Velar comes with overly impressive features that make it a standout among competitions. The touchscreen interfaces have been a major letdown on previous models, but the Pivi Pro system finally collects the issue. The Velar luxury SUV also comes with active noise cancellation for intrusive road frequencies and a second-generation wearable activity key for remote locking/unlocking and remote start. The Range Rover Velar further features a more advanced air purification system for better health. You will find the 360-degree birds eye camera system in all models very useful.
- Warranty – 2021 Velar comes with a four-year, 50,000-mile limited warranty that is similar to what you get with most competitors. The Velar model does not have complimentary scheduled maintenance. A powertrain warranty protects your car for four years or 50,000 miles.
Which Is The Best 2021 Range Rover Velar Model?
The 2021 Range Rover Velar gives you the freedom to customize your driving experience. Five trims are available with a starting price of $56,900 for P250 S, $58,900 for P250 R-Dynamic S, $63,900 for P340 S, $65,900 P340 R-Dynamic S, and $76,900 for P400 R-Dynamic HSE. Every trim also comes with add-ons that you can purchase to enhance your Velar experience. That said, the popular 2021 Range Rover models include:
2021 Range Rover Velar S
- Panoramic roof
- 19-inch gloss sparkle silver alloy wheels
- Front/rear parking sensors
- 380-watt, 11-speaker meridian audio system
- 14-way power-adjustable front seats with driver’s-side memory
2021 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic S
- Bright metal pedals
- Satin chrome paddle shifters
- Upgraded interior accents
- 5-spoke satin dark grey 19-inch alloy wheels
- Suedecloth/leather seating surfaces
- Black headliner
2021 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSE
- Adaptive air suspension
- 21-inch gloss dark grey alloy wheels
- Adaptive cruise control
- 395-hp turbocharged 3-liter inline-6
- 17-speaker Meridian surround-sound system
The Best Range Rover Velar Lease Price
2021 Range Rover Velar P250 S
The Range Rover Velar lease price for the P250S model starts at $539 per month for 39 months with $0 down.
2021 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic S
The Range Rover Velar lease price for the R-Dynamic S model starts at $678 per month for 39 months with zero down.
2021 Range Rover Velar P340 S
The Range Rover Velar P340 S lease cost starts at $700 per month for 39 months with $2,999 down.
2021 Range Rover Velar P340 R-Dynamic S
The Range Rover Velar lease cost for the P340 R-Dynamic S starts at $720 per month for 39 months with $2,999 down.
The 2021 Range Rover Velar special offers
- 0% APR for 24 to 72 months on all Velar models
People Also Ask (FAQ)
Is it worth leasing a Range Rover?
Yes. You get a chance to try the latest technology and excellent driving experience without the long term commitment.
How much is maintenance on a Range Rover Velar?
It depends on the problem. However, the Range Rover comes with a 4-year warranty.
How much is it to lease a Range Rover HSE?
The Range Rover HSE lease cost starts at $1198 per month for 33 months with $0 down.
How much do you need to make to afford a Range Rover?
It depends on the model and trim, but you can afford most Range Rover cars with a salary of $15,000.
Do Range Rovers have a lot of problems?
No. However, you will need to regularly maintain your car to keep it in good condition.
The Range Rover Velar lease price offers are not the cheapest, but the 2021 model brings new possibilities making it a worthy buy. It comes with a new infotainment system that is easy to use and more responsive to touch. It also comes with a host of safety and driver assistant features that make your ride comfortable, safe, and reliable.