Toyota is a household name recognizable almost anywhere, globally. This is due to its culture of reliability in performance, fuel economy, and ease of maintenance. Consumer Reports ranks Toyota as one of the most reliable auto brands in the world. The company generally offers a factory warranty of 3 years or 36,000 miles for new cars. This is a considerably low time frame, as compared to other car brands, but remember, the name in itself is a warranty of its own. It also comes with better resale value.
But just how costly is it to maintain a Toyota car in this age of hybrid technology, navigation systems, complicated car systems, and recalls? This guide is set to inform you about everything you need to know concerning the costs of maintaining a Toyota vehicle, Toyota extended warranty cost and the different places to buy the Toyota extended warranty.
What is The Toyota Extended Warranty?
The likelihood of a Toyota machine failure occurring after running out of the factory warranty is high as most Toyota owners tend to hold on to their cars for not less than five years. You have two options by then, to either pay for the repairs and damages on your own or buy an extended Toyota warranty coverage from Toyota dealers or reputable extended car warranty companies.
Toyota cars tend to experience issues like unintended acceleration, excessive oil consumption, headlight failure, brake issues, and transmission failure issues. It will cost you a lot in repairs, parts, and labor.
Toyota extended warranties come in different tiers with different coverage and cost depending on the car’s age and mileage. You should consider talking to your warranty agent for some of the best deals that will fit your car’s needs and budget. The agent can help you quickly acquire an extended warranty for cars over 100k miles online or over the phone.
Toyota extended warranty does not cover all the car parts. Some of the excluded parts are;
- brake linings
- clutch friction disc
- rotors and drum filters
- accessory drive belts
Most of the Toyota extended warranties cover a maximum of 10 years or 250,000 mileage coverage, even though there exist a few exceptions that can run for up to 27 years/250,000 miles.
The Average Maintenance Cost for Toyota
To determine the worth of a Toyota extended warranty, you must first understand the cost of the repairs. This list will come in handy in case you experience a specific component issue. You will use it to determine whether you are better off using the extended warranty for used cars or cover the repairs out of pocket.
|Toyota Component||Average Repair Cost|
|Air conditioner repair||$650|
|Fuel System replacement||$1033|
|Brake pad replacement||$282|
Tips for Maintaining Your Toyota Vehicle
The best way to get the maximum performance and reliability out of a Toyota vehicle is by ensuring regular maintenance. These are some of the tips to use to help keep your Toyota vehicle in shape for an extended period;
- Keep the car clean – wash the car regularly to help keep it free of pollen, dust, bird dropping, and other dirt particles. Removing the debris before sticking to the body is faster and requires little energy, thus preserves the paint.
- Drive on smooth surfaces – even though most Toyota vehicles are made to operate even on severe surfaces, driving it on such increases the wear and tear, which leads to faster breakdown.
- Regular maintenance – Regular maintenance is essential for consistent top performance from your car. Routinely check the conditions of the parts of the vehicle and change the worn-out ones. You should schedule your maintenance check-up after the factory recommended seven and a half months or 7,500 miles, whichever comes first. Change the oil once a month and routinely check the engine oil and oil filter.
- Keep records – keep a maintenance and performance record to note any important details like service dates, changed parts, and the service providers. This will help you keep track of costs and any recurrent issues. The record will also increase your resale value as it acts as proof of maintenance to the new owner.
- Use genuine spare parts – genuine Toyota spare parts come with recommended care practices to ensure durability, maximum output, and trouble-free performance. Look for the company logo on the parts to confirm if it’s genuine.
- Get a Toyota extended warranty – the general maintenance, repairs, and replacements of the different vehicle parts are expensive to fix. This can be an issue after the factory warranty period has elapsed. Getting an extended warranty, therefore, is the best way to ensure the regular dealer recommended maintenance and repairs even when you are low on resources at the time.
Factory Warranties vs. Third Party Warranties
Extended Toyota warranties can either come from the manufacturer (factory warrant) or third-party dealers. Both come with considerable pros and cons you must consider before settling on one.
- Assured quality from the factory-trained technicians, using manufacture authorized tools in repairing your car.
- Faster repairs, as there is no need to wait for authorization from the company.
- Ease of transactions as you don’t have to file for reimbursements or to pay money upfront.
- Transferrable to the new owner in case you sell the vehicle.
- Considerably pricier than the third-party warranties.
Third Party Warranties
- Flexible as it can be tailored to fit your budget and prioritize particular parts.
- Most cover a more extended period and mileage than the factory warranties.
- Time-consuming to get a custom made extended warranty.
Types of Toyota Extended Warranty
There are three different types of Toyota extended warranties with extensive coverage. The cost and extent of these coverages depend on the car’s mileage and age. These Toyota Factory extended warranty plans include;
1. Platinum protection
Platinum is the highest level of Toyota extended warranty and covers the most parts. It covers the car on multiple levels. The highest it can cover is 125,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first. Platinum protection is best for a new car, less than three years old, or one that has covered less than 36,000 miles.
- Unlimited towering to the nearest Toyota dealership.
- Get up to $50 daily reimbursements in case of mechanical issues.
- Receive compensations of up to $100 for meals and accommodation when your car breaks down 150 miles away from your place.
- You can transfer to the next owner in case you sell the car.
2. Gold protection
Gold protection is the second-highest coverage tire. It covers a duration of up to 8 years or 125,000 miles. It is a good option for when your car is less than three years old or has covered less than 36,000 miles.
- Get a reimbursement of $50 for towing expenses.
- Get up to $35 daily reimbursements in case of persistent mechanical issues.
- The extended warranty will cover $50 for food and accommodation in case the breakdown occurs 150 miles away from home.
- The warranty is transferrable to new owners in case you sell the car.
3. Powertrain protection
This lower tire of Toyota extended warranty only covers the main car components like brakes, engine, and any other part you dim importantly. It includes cars less than three years old or traveled less than 36,000 miles. Also, it covers six years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- It offers a $50 towering reimbursement.
- Also, it comes with up to $35 daily car rental reimbursements.
- It provides for $50 for accommodation and food in case your car breaks down 150 miles away from home.
- Transferrable to other users in case you sell the car.
Factor to Consider While Getting a Toyota Extended Warranty From Third-party Service Provider
In as much as Toyota company provides different extended warranties, there are also other third-party service providers you can prefer their services. You need to take your time to find a reliable service provider who will deliver you the package that fits your needs.
These are some of the benefits you get by working with a third-party warranty service provider;
Buying an extended warranty from Toyota company during the purchase means that the cost is included in the buying price. It may seem a good deal because you don’t buy separately. Only, when you look at it in interest terms, it becomes higher. Getting your warranty from a third party means that it’s calculated independently; hence, you can choose to start paying when you are ready. You can also terminate if you feel otherwise, or when you get a better deal elsewhere.
Just like in flexibility, when purchasing your package from a third-party provider, there is no rollover to your initial buying price. This means that in the end if you buy as a whole, the interest will be low. This is important in helping you save money.
Working with a third-party service provider allows you to choose a package that fits your needs. You can easily select the parts of the car you want to be covered, as well the period to be covered. This makes it helpful to you depending on your car use and the environment you stay in.
Tips on How to Get The Best Price on Toyota Extended Warranty
Just like any other investment, you need to make sure you are getting your money’s worth when you get a Toyota extended warranty. Here is how to go about getting the best deal.
Figure out your needs
Most extended warranties are customized depending on the user’s needs. Take your time to consider your vehicle uses. The miles you will be driving in a year, and your general vehicle use. Once you have everything figured you could consult the finance manager at the service provider to help you go through the different covers for the diverse needs. You will then select only the ones that apply to you. Understanding your needs is useful in helping you save money.
You should note that at times the dealers can give you a warranty marked priced of up to 200%. It is therefore essential you always negotiate. You can always polish your negotiation skills and only settle when the dealer cannot go any lower. In the end, you will get surprised by how much you can save when you negotiate.
Consider different service providers
Different dealers provide different prices and terms on extended warranties. Take your time to compare the several provisions from various dealers an6 d settle on the best. You are not forced to buy an extended warranty immediately you buy the car. You can take some time to do comparison shopping.
An extended warranty is made for your peace of mind. Different dealers will offer you different packages that come with various provisions. It is therefore essential that you choose the package you can afford. Remember not to compromise on quality and the need to cover critical parts to save on cost.
Benefits of Toyota Extended Warranty
These are some of the benefits you will get by having a Toyota extended warranty for your car;
Toyota extended warranty comes with a lot of benefits that are meant to make it convenient to use. The extended warranty is easy to understand; the period and parts covered are precise. The warranty also allows you access to any certified Toyota service station.
Most Toyota extended warranties allow transfer to the new users when you sell. It also gives you a better resale value.
- Makes Financial sense
The different Toyota extended warranties are affordable, and you can choose the one that fits your budget. The type of warranty you pick also depends on the engine type, make of car, and engine capacity.
- Complimentary services
Toyota extended warranty covers a range of issues. It comes with the roadside assistance that is part of the original manufacturer warranty. They also come with towering services, rental cars, and food and accommodation reimbursements.
Best Toyota Extended warranty Third Party Providers
These are some of the most reliable Toyota extended warranty third-party service providers;
Are you looking to put your car under warranty for the most prolonged period? You should opt for Carchex as they provide Toyota extended warranties that run for vehicles of up to 27 years or a maximum coverage of 250,000 miles. It also provides for considerably affordable quotes.
Endurance is the best option to take a Toyota extended warranty when you want to avoid brokers. They offer you direct services with exceptional customer service. It provides four different warranty types depending on the nature and state of your car.
The warranty periods are shorter compared to other options and a little hard to read.
You will be torn for options when you choose to work with CarShield’s Toyota extended warranty. They provide for over 37 contract options depending on the car state, functionality, among other factors. It also covers a more extended mileage coverage of up to 300,000 miles.
AA Auto protection provides one of the most affordable down payments of 2 percent when taking a Toyota extended warranty. The downside though is that it covers lower mileage coverage of 100,000 miles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Having an extended warranty is important to you. Today’s cars incorporate a lot of high-end and computerized technology that is costly to repair. It is also not given that you will always be in the best shape financially. An extended warranty will, therefore, be convenient anytime.
The most important thing to consider when purchasing a Toyota Extended warranty plan is the company offering the plan. No matter how great a contact might be, or affordable or covers all the car parts, it is only as good when the company will enforce it. Take your time to look into the company you want to work with. Look into their reviews, history of honoring deals, and how many complaints they receive.
It is alright to purchase a Toyota extended warranty if your car is still under warranty. The extended warranty comes with additional benefits like transport protection, transferability, and substitute transport coverage.
Most of the Toyota Extended warranty service providers have reliable customer care and experienced specialists to handle your concerns and questions. You can easily reach them by mail, phone, or online for further questions.
Feel free to contact Toyota for more information on the Toyota extended warranty or call Phone: 800-331-4331.
An aging Toyota vehicle should not be stressful to maintain for you anymore. Your pockets don’t need to run dry immediately after your factory warranty period ends. You now have the facts, figures and all the essential information you need to know concerning Toyota extended warranty. Go ahead and enjoy using your car in the environment of your choice using a Toyota extended warranty that fits your vehicle, lifestyle, and budget.