Owning a BMW is one of the most prestigious things. To live up to the status symbol, you must ensure your car gets the best maintenance. Everyone knows the car to be sophisticated, luxurious, and upscale. It is important to keep the vehicle working as it should. This piece is not only going to guide you about the BMW extended warranty cost, but also several places where you can buy the same.
What is A BMW Extended Warranty?
Being the proud owner of the infamous BMW is one thing, but having it work as it should is another thing. If you are looking to keep money in your pocket instead of paying for the repair bills, consider getting the BMW extended warranty. There are plenty of choices out there, including the extended warranty for cars over 100k miles. The cost of procuring foreign parts makes BMW one of the most difficult cars to maintain. This is in addition to the complexity of regularly changing the oil.
More often than not, purchasing an expensive auto can feel overwhelming with regard to repairs. It, however, does not have to be. First off, if you bought a brand new BMW, you are covered by the warranty of the manufacturer. But when the warranty expires, you cannot afford to pay from your pocket. It would be an ideal time to look into getting an extended warranty for the BMW. It is essential nonetheless to purchase it from one of the most reputable Extended Car Warranty Companies.
There are several providers for the extended warranty plan. To be sure you are buying the right extended warranty for your car, it is essential to read several BMW extended warranty reviews. This will give you a better perspective of the various service bouquets in the market. Warranty reviews are also a great way to find out other customers’ experiences with various service plans. Let us discuss BMW extended warranty plans and the expected BMW warranty costs.
Demystifying BMW Extended Warranties
To better understand this subject, it is vital to ask the question; what is an extended warranty? In simple terms, this is a protection plan that comes in handy whenever something goes wrong with your car. Of more importance, however, an extended car warranty can help offset the costs of BMW repairs once the factory coverage runs out.
The costs of a BMW warranty are very reasonable when compared to what regular Beamer drivers pay from their pockets for maintenance and repairs. The best part is that the extended coverage isn’t hard to come by. You can even get an extended warranty for cars over 100k miles if you know where to look. Ultimately, everyone can find what they need from the car manufacturer or a third-party provider either for new or used models.
It is vital, however, to note that BMW warranty costs are not the same for every subscriber. It often depends on the plan you choose. But a recurring monthly payment offers peace of mind especially when worrying about taking your beamer to the auto-shop. This is because monthly payments are something you have come to expect, instead of a huge, one-time expense.
Average Maintenance Costs For BMW
At this juncture, it is important to ask: is a BMW extended warranty worth it? To begin with, we shall have a quick glance at the average BMW model repair costs. The list below shows some of the common repairs most BMW owners encounter in the lives of their car. The list is not as exhaustive since there are chances you may never experience the issues. If you do encounter some of the common repairs, it helps to have a comparative analysis of an extended warranty analysis versus paying out of pocket.
|BMW Component||Average Repair Costs|
|Air conditioning unit||$1011|
|Cooling system for the engine||$900|
Since BMWs are costlier to many other car models, the repairs often cost more. As such, it is essential to prepare in advance for the reality of owning a Beamer. While you may afford a used model, it helps to understand how much it will cost to keep the car on the road.
Unlike many other car models, the electrical systems in a BMW model are intricately interconnected. This makes it challenging to quickly diagnose problems, even for highly trained mechanics. It is not uncommon to pay for a repair that never actually fixes the issue. This is why it is vital to work with reputable Extended Car Warranty Companies. They will take their time to provide a proper diagnosis for your car issues. And when the diagnosis does not fix your problem the first time around, they will be happy to have a re-check of the issue without hassles.
Tips For Maintaining Your BMW
Being one of the most luxurious models around, BMWs are to be adored! However, you cannot do that when the car is always in the auto shop for complex and costly repairs. It is for this reason that you should be keeping up with Beamer’s regular maintenance.
Here are a few straightforward yet crucial tips to help keep your BMW performing its best:
- Wash your car regularly. It helps keep it free of bird droppings, pollen, salt, and sand. This move preserves your car paint besides ensuring it does not rust or fade prematurely.
- Drive on smooth surfaces. If you can avoid driving your BMW in the snow, don’t drive it. And when you are from regions with harsh winter months, be sure to check for wear and tear on the tires. Remember to keep them well-inflated and rotated.
- Fill-up you’re tank whenever possible. One of the worst things you can do to your BMW is running it low on gas. You do not want to allow debris in the fuel line. This will force you to replace the fuel filter more regularly. You can keep the fuel system clean by ensuring the gas level is constantly more than a quarter of a tank.
- Keep up with scheduled maintenance. Regular maintenance activities such as replacing air filters, oil changes and tire rotations can prevent large repairs. In addition, you can prepare yourself for the large repairs when they are needed.
- Get an extended warranty. This is one of the best options to help with regular car maintenance. You do not have to worry about the BMW extended warranty cost. For the most part, going with affordable monthly payments can make it easier to budget for the repairs. You will always be covered if the repairs come up, in the place of scrambling to raise the funds.
Extended Warranties vs. Factory Warranties
When buying a BMW from a dealership, you get a factory warranty. However, when the warranty runs out, you should decide whether an extended service plan is worth it.
You can get BMW Extended Service Contracts from BMW North America. Third-party companies, however, have better pricing and more flexible terms for the extended warranties.
Extended Warranties From Dealerships
You can get a number of extended warranty plans from BMW dealerships, inclusive of:
- Powertrain Plus
The above plans cover the vehicle for a maximum of 7 years, plus 100,000 miles. They also provide 24/7 roadside assistance as well as BMW customer service.
Below is a short preview of each of the dealership warranties:
Among BMW’s extended vehicle protection plans, this is the lowest offering. Choosing this plan extends the typical powertrain warranty most models come with when purchased new. It essentially extends the powertrain plan hence the name Powertrain plus.
The plan provides comprehensive cover for all wheel drive transfer case as well as the induction system. Drivetrain components covered in this plan include:
- Fuel systems
- Electrical components
- Drive assembly
Because the plan is primarily based on the powertrain, it has a fairly large list of exclusions if you are looking for value in an extended warranty. Vital components such as air conditioning, heating, steering, and brakes are all excluded.
Bearing in mind the plan is not a bumper to bumper warranty, problems with the interior, body or electronics such as your infotainment system are not covered.
If you are looking for an improvement from the Powertrain Plus option, you should opt for the Gold plan. It offers a more comprehensive cover for drivetrain parts. However, it does not into the bumper to bumper warranty coverage territory. Given the plan focuses on the drivetrain, it becomes more of a powertrain warranty plan.
Comprehensive coverage of the Gold plan lists components such as:
- Transfer case
- Fuel system
- Cooling system
- Induction system
However, there is a limited cover for electrical systems as well as the exterior and interior in general.
The infotainment system is unfortunately off the coverage table in this plan.
Similar to the trends in Gold and Powertrain Plus plans, the Platinum option provides more comprehensive cover for major components of the BMW model than other plans. In fact, this plan has coverage for nearly anything in a BMW car, but in varying degrees.
The extra cost for this plan isn’t in vain because it leverages both bumper to bumper and powertrain warranty coverage. Among the various components listed under comprehensive cover, you will find powertrain components such as the transmission and engine. In addition, other major components like:
- Electrical systems
This plan, however, also has limited coverage for issues touching on the general exterior and interior of your car.
Third Party BMW Extended Warranties
If you choose to go with a third-party BMW extended warranty coverage, you get plenty of car warranty benefits. Further still, choosing a third party company offers more savings and flexibility. For instance, it provides freedom to work with a different mechanic from the BMW dealership shop.
When working with a third-party car warranty provider, you do not have to choose model parts that are costlier than other brands. Besides, off-brand and aftermarket parts will save you plenty of cash. Yet again, a third party extended warranty provider offers more coverage options and levels. This gives car owners more warranties to select from so to get exactly what they need.
BMW Warranty Coverage Types
When it comes to BMW warranty coverage, there are numerous types of plans to choose. For instance, you can opt for total coverage or simply get customized maintenance options suitable to your needs. Here are some of the most common BMW extended service plans.
1. Bumper to bumper warranties provides exclusionary or comprehensive protection covering most repairs. It is easier listing the things these plans do not cover than the components they do cover. This is because the list is extensive. To name just but a few of the protected components, the plans cover driver axle, gaskets, transmission, seals and the engine.
2. Corrosion warranties provide coverage for damages to the sheet metal on the vehicle resulting from corrosion and rust. For cars built in 2004 and beyond, the cover lasts for about 12 years.
3. Wear and tear warranties provide cover for specific components damaged due to manufacturing defects. Additional coverage items include maintenance and basic repairs such as wheel balancing, wiper blade inserts, and wheel alignment.
With the third party extended service providers, you may also get extended warranty plans offering 24/7 roadside assistance at no extra cost. However, be sure to do your homework when choosing different service providers of BMW extended warranties. You are getting the extended vehicle service plan to save some bucks, not waste it!
Advantages of BMW Extended Warranties
- Irrespective of whom you choose as your provider, BMW extended warranty cost is the primary advantage of picking out a plan that’s perfect for you. Selecting an extended warranty that begins when the dealership warranty runs out provides cover in case your older car has issues. Plenty of the extended warranties out there also provide routine maintenance. This makes it a smarter choice.
- While you get to save money on repairs, having the BMW maintenance warranty offers peace of mind. The manageable monthly payments are already factored in your budget. You can, therefore, rest easy knowing you are covered in case something goes wrong.
- Among the best perks about extended warranties from third-party companies is that the same can be placed on new or used cars at any time. When working with dealers, you are compelled to purchase the extended car warranty as you purchase the car. If you opt-out at this stage, you cannot purchase the extended warranty later. Third-party coverage, on the other hand, is available when you feel it is necessary.
Best Extended Warranty for BMW?
By offering plenty of plans with extra benefits, superior customer service and flexible pricing, extended warranty service providers are there to make certain you get the right cover for your BMW. But there are things to look for in the finest car warranty providers.
Customer service should be at the helm of any service provider you select. Be sure to read BMW extended warranty reviews online and check out ratings of prospective providers. Make sure they are there to assist and not to haggle. To ensure the best cover for your needs, be sure to get a customized quote.
The next important thing is reading up the claim process of all prospective service providers. Besides affordable monthly payments, you will want to ensure the claims process is seamless and easy. You want to avoid being made to wait for claim approval before your car is fixed. It essential that claims are paid directly to the facility that repairs your car. You don’t want to wait for weeks for reimbursements.
Don’t leave out your research or reading the fine print! It is normal to have questions. As such, when you hit a roadblock with a specific service provider because they won’t provide answers to your questions, don’t hesitate to walk away. Any company should be upfront and open about their coverage plans so that you are confident in your decision.
Buying a BMW extended warranty offers one of the most effective ways of protecting your investment. Your Beamer is not just another everyday purchase. It is, therefore, your reliable roadworthy companion deserving the best care you can get.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
To help you understand the BMW Extended Warranty, here are some resources for you: