When you buy a Jeep Wrangler, it comes with cute front and rear bumpers. The bumper is shield often made from aluminum, plastic, steel or rubber. That’s why all jeep owners understand the importance of getting the proper equipment, especially for off-road activities. You’ll get the most value by investing a few more dollars for a steel-made jeep wrangler front bumper. Also, a heavy-duty jeep wrangler rear bumper is perfect to fit your portable air compressor for car tire inflator.
The jeep wrangler front bumper replacement is among the most common Jeep modifications today. From off-roading to trail-driving stock front bumpers, there are tons of choices available. But the bottom line is investing in a beefier jeep jk front bumper than the factory design. Apart from protecting your SUV, the best bumpers will also enhance your Jeep aesthetics. This is going to increase the value of your vehicle if you plan to sell it in the future.
Fortunately, aftermarket bumpers come in all varieties to fit individual styles, budgets, and functionalities. Regardless, keep in mind that the type of bumper you choose will determine the quality of your outdoor driving. For example, spending money on a low-quality product could compromise the protection of the engine or OEM lights if an accident occurs. On the other hand, an excellent front bumper will have dedicated space for installing an outdoor GPS tracker for car. You’ll find a great selection of heavy-duty bumpers in this review to give your jeep wrangler a unique look. But these products aren’t for every jeep owner since the extra weight could compromise your fuel efficiency.
The Best Jeep Wrangler Front Bumper: Everything You Should Know
Maybe you bought a Jeep to satisfy your off-road fantasies, or you’ve seen an amazing modified Jeep version. Whatever motivates you, the desire to transform your Jeep is common today. That’s why we created this review for the best jeep wrangler front bumper in 2020. We’ll also explore some benefits of installing bumpers, plus a handy buyers guide to get you started.
The reason to have a bumper on your vehicle is very specific. Most motorists think that it’s supposed to decrease or prevent the severity of injury during a crash. Interestingly, bumpers are not safety features for protecting vehicle occupants. Bumpers help to lessen or avoid physical damage to the rear or front of your Jeep in low-impact incidences. Therefore, a heavy-duty jeep wrangler bumper is the best choice for safeguarding your vehicle’s trunk, fuel, cooling system or radiator, hood, grille, and trunk.
Nevertheless, giving your Jeep Wrangler the look of your dream car isn’t a one-off thing. Quite the reverse, it’s a lengthy process involving plenty of time, resources, and effort. But you must start somewhere, and we recommend beginning with your front bumper. And here are reasons to invest in a high-quality jeep wrangler front bumper.
Reasons Get An Aftermarket Jeep Wrangler Front Bumper Upgrade
Upgrading the factory bumper with a steel one is vital for off-road trips. It helps to raise your Jeep tire and ground clearance or the height above terrain. In this way, you can achieve three crucial elements for outdoor driving;
- Maximize on your departure angles
- Get extra protection
- Expose your large Jeep tires
With these three factors, you’ll have a menacing, cool, and muscular stance for your vehicle. Besides, the best jeep wrangler bumper replacements will improve other off-road features, including;
- Extra lighting: You’ll want to get upgraded lights, particularly for night off-road trips. Most steel bumpers provide a dedicated place to fix these aftermarket lights and avoid drilling extra holes in the Jeep’s body framework.
- Communication: You can install spring aerial on the mounting brackets of your bumper to enhance CB communication.
- Durability: Aftermarket off-road bumpers allow for intensive use. The designs can withstand harsh outdoor conditions. For example, upgrading your Jeep tj rear bumper with a metal, carbon fiber, or fiberglass model can help it endure extreme conditions.
- Functionality: Aftermarket designs cater to both the front and rear jeep bumper requirements. And apart from providing protection, they’ll enhance your trip with extra performance and style. Moreover, they come with stops for additional auto parts.
- Radiator safety: The radiator resides at the front of your SUV. Getting a sturdy aftermarket bumper will protect this cooling system if you hit an object.
- Recovery points: The best jeep wrangler front bumper replacements come with mounting points to help with safe recoveries. The safety-rated mountings will let you use D-shackles to snatch yourself or other stuck vehicles.
- Safety: Even though bumpers offer protection, let’s emphasize that it doesn’t guarantee your safety. It’s especially less effective for impacts at over five miles per hour.
If you’re in the market for something that improves style and features, you can check out these ten best jeep wrangler front bumper reviews in 2020.
Top 10 Best Jeep Wrangler Front Bumper Review
1. EAG E-Autogrilles JJKFB001 Jeep Wrangler JK Front Bumper 07-18
The E-Auto grilles design is a fashionable front-end vehicle enhancement. You can fit it on any Jeep Wrangler JK model made between 2007 and 2018. However, it won’t work with the JK Rubicon of 2017.
2. LEDKINGDOMUS Rock Crawler Front Bumper 1987-2006
The LEDKINGDOMUS rock crawler is a perfect jeep YJ front bumper. It will also fit jeep wrangler TJ models.
3. Restyling Factory Jeep Wrangler JK Front Bumper 07-18
The first impression that comes with this Restyling Factory front bumper is that of a high-end product. And it doesn’t disappoint when you look further.
4. Razor Rock Crawler Stubby Front Bumper 2007-2018
You’ll love this Razor Crawler front-end auto enhancement for its sturdy design and straightforward installation.
5. OEDRO Combo Compatible Front Bumper 2007-2018
If your Jeep needs a quality off-roading bumper, consider this combo compatible OEDERO front bumper.
6. EAG Stinger Front Bumper Upgrade 2007-2018
Upgrade your jeep wrangler today with this stinger front bumper from EAG.
7. EAG Steel Front Bumper 1987-2006
Replace your TY or TJ Wrangler bumpers with this durable, steel front bumper by EAG.
8. Ecotric Rock Crawler Front Bumper 1986-2006
When it comes to outdoor adventures, this rock crawler front bumper from Ecotric will give your Jeep Wrangler an incredible performance.
9. OEDRO Rock Crawler Front Bumper 1987-2006
The EDORO front bumper is a perfect fit if you need to upgrade your 87-06 wrangler with a nice black Jeep bumper.
10. U Drive Jeep Wrangler JK Front Bumper 2007-2018
The U-Drive Auto front bumper will do if you own a 2007-2018 Jeep JK Wrangler. Also, it can function as a jeep XJ front bumper replacement with professional installation.
That’s our list of the best jeep wrangler front bumper in 2020. If our list doesn’t match your criteria, here’s a simple buying guide to help you shop for the right product.
Buying Guide: Factors To Consider While Shopping For The Best Jeep Wrangler Front Bumper
Aftermarket jeep bumpers may all appear similar to the ordinary eye. But there are differences in their construction for a keen observer. For example, you’ll notice that they come with different lengths, materials, designs, and add-on features. And with an extensive selection of high-quality brands and makes of jeep upgrade bumpers to consider, here are some essential things to look at:
1. Approach angle: It is the distance between your wheels and the furthest area on your jeep wrangler front bumper. Check for a product that gives your Jeep the widest approach angle. Doing this will result in high ground clearance, making it easy to crawl over huge rocks and steering steep hills.
2. Bumper Width: Your bumper width is the length it covers across the front of your Wrangler. There are three different bumper widths to choose from, including:
- Full-width bumpers that run from one end to the next while covering part of your wheels. While these are bulky and prevent maximum wheel clearance, they guard against punctures from low hanging objects.
- Mid width bumpers are shorter than the first choice. Although these bumpers expose your tires, they have less weight with better ground clearance.
- Stubby bumpers are the shortest of the three categories and only cover the part between the headlights of your car. Similar to mid-width bumpers, they are lightweight, increase your Jeep’s approach angles, but expose your tires.
3. Design: With so many front bumper designs, your taste and preference will determine the best one.
4. Extra Features: Aftermarket bumpers come with several features, including:
- Bull-bar add-on: Apart from shielding your vehicle from collision impacts, bull bars provide the extra menace and aggressiveness you need for your Jeep.
- D-Ring Shackle Mounts: You’ll need these hook attachments on your bumper to save yourself or another off-road driver in a trouble situation.
- Grille Guards: Your preferred bumper should include a grille guard to shield your radiator from flying objects such as branches.
- Light Housing: It’s vital to ensure the bumper you’re eyeing has dedicated holes to attach the manufacturer’s fog lights. Besides, it’s essential to check for hoop mounts if you need to install additional lighting for off-road night adventures.
- Skid Plate Mountings: Skid plate compatible bumpers are the best for safeguarding critical engine parts underneath your Jeep from damage.
- Winch Plate Mountings: Investing in a bumper that allows you to fix a winch is a good idea, especially for off-roading. The capacities of winch plate mounts can range from 10,000 lbs. to 15,000 lbs.
- Finish: You can choose from textured, diamond, glossy, or matter plate coating. Regardless of your choice, it should be rust-proof.
5. Weight of the bumper: The weight of your preferred front-end bumper will determine the quality of your upgrade. Even though heavy bumpers are excellent for off-roading, they’re bad for your fuel economy. And while light bumpers are suitable for fuel economy but don’t offer the best off-road experience.
6. Buying Price: Many factors influence the price of a jeep wrangler front bumper. For instance, the add-on accessories, construction material, and brand can affect the bumper’s cost.
Look for these six factors when replacing your jeep bumper. Also, keep in mind that the most expensive product doesn’t automatically qualify as the best one for your Wrangler. So, decide what you want in your front bumper, create a budget, and review different product brands to secure the best deal.
The Bottom Line
There you have it; the best jeep wrangler front bumper review and the 2020 buying guide. You’ve seen that most aftermarket heavy-duty bumpers complement the structures of respective Jeep models by keeping to its design lines. In this way, you are sure to find the best possible fit, functionality, and look for your Jeep Wrangler. The most critical characteristic of off-road bumpers is their build quality. Be sure to check the quality of welding and finish as you shop for the perfect match. Both aspects make a huge difference in terms of the bumper’s functionalities plus the overall occupants’ safety in a collision. And the simplest reason to get heavy-duty steel bumpers for your Jeep is their rugged and durable build.