Cleaning is a daunting task, nobody enjoys removing stains, dirt, and mold or muck, as they tend to be stubborn and needs quite some work to remove. The only way to bring some fun to cleaning is by choosing a reliable pressure washer. Ryobi is one of the leading manufacturers of pressure washers with a track of providing high quality. We have listed some of the best Ryobi electric pressure washer you can consider for your continuous cleaning assignments.
How Pressure Washer Works
Pressure washers use either an electric motor or engine gas to power a pump. This moves the water at high pressure on the nozzle and gets out to hit the dirt or stains on the surfaces like patios, driveways, and decks. You can also include soap and other detergents, then scrub away for cleaner washing results.
Factor Consider When Choosing a Pressure Washer
These are some of the tips to use when looking to purchase a Ryobi pressure washing;
- Consider buying a pressure washer with a built-in detergent tank if you want to use soap and other detergents.
- The surface you want to clean determines the type of pressure washer to use. 1300 – 1900 PSI is for light-duty works like on vehicles and grills, medium-duty of 2000 – 2800 PSI is for generally stubborn stains, while heavy-duty is for high power cleaning needs making them the best commercial pressure washer.
- You can save yourself the storage and upkeep hassles when you hire a pressure washer instead of buying one.
- Your budget determines the pressure washer you buy. Remember, it is important you get the right quality even when you buy a cheap pressure washer.
The 5 Best Ryobi Electric Pressure Washer In 2019
After rigorous testing and sampling by our experts to determine the best Ryobi pressure washers, these are the ones we settled on;
1. Ryobi RY141900 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
Looking to handle tough stains on a range of materials within your home? You are better off working with the 2000 PSI electric pressure washer. It is made with some features that make it fit for long period work within the residence.
This 2000 PSI pressure washer comes with a limited 3-year warranty for all the machine parts.
2. Ryobi RY14122 1700 PSI Pressure Washer
Cleaning your residence doesn’t come any easier when you use the Ryobi 1700-PSI pressure washer. The powerful 13 Amp Electric motor can easily power pressures of 1700 Psi for quick cleaning of windows, driveways, decks and several other areas around your home. Having an onboard detergent tank ensures convenience as you don’t have to move any bucket or hose around. It also has an onboard storage compartment for the accessories making it easy to store.
The company allows a 90-day return period in case any issues on use, it also comes with a limited 1-year warranty.
3. Ryobi 2,300 PSI 1.2-GPM Electric Pressure Washer
Finding a pressure washer to handle some of the toughest around your home can be quite some task. What you are assured though is that you are sorted once you get this Ryobi 2300 PSI pressure washer. It comes with powerful and reliable features that make it convenient to use on a variety of surfaces. It has a high efficiency brushless 13 Amp Electric motor and pressure technology for assured cleaner washing results. It packs 2,300 PSI force which makes it fit for washing the different home surfaces. It has a bonus turbo which powers it for 50% more cleaning power, and a 25ft hose that makes it easy to access different washing areas.
This machine meets the PWMA efficiency Standards and comes with a 3-year limited warranty and assured durability.
4. Ryobi 3100 PSI 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer
Engineered with precision to serve your cleaning purposes, Ryobi 3100 is a reliable gas pressure washer you can rely on for all your home cleaning needs. Powered by a 187cc Honda engine, this pressure washer runs a 3100-PSI force to deliver quick cleaner washing results. It is made with a durable roll-cage design for ease of movements and integrated detergent tank for easy soap application.
The idle time technology that slows down the engine when not in active use makes it fuel efficient, environment-friendly due to reduced noise and ensure longer engine life. The machine also provides for a 5-in-1 nozzle option that allows you to select the pressure options depending on the intensity of the dirt and surface you are cleaning.
This machine comes with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, a 3-year limited warranty and with assured performance over several years.
5. Ryobi RY141612 1,600 PSI 1.2-GPM Electric Pressure Washer
Looking for a reliable Ryobi pressure washer? Why not give the Ryobi 1600 a try? This is a lightweight yet compact machine that you can easily move around the washing site. It is powered with a powerful 13 Amp motor to delivering up to 1600 PSI force which makes for quick cleaning of windows, patio furniture, and decks. The integrated accessory storage and detergent tank provides a hassle-free washing experience, while the roll-cage design frame allows for easy movements
This machine comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
How to protect yourself and Property When using Ryobi Pressure Washers
Ryobi pressure washers can cause damage to property. It can strip paint from buildings and cars, break windows, create holes on concretes, and bodily arms through electrocution, lacerations and falls. These are some of the tips to keep you safe when using the pressure washers;
- Read the manual for all the important information you need to know about installation and setup, customer service, troubleshooting tips, replacement parts, and troubleshooting.
- Wear safety gear like work gloves, safety goggles, and enclosed shoes when operating the machines.
- Avoid the zero-degree nozzle which is the strongest. It tends to have a heavy and destroying impact on surfaces.
- Do not use ladders when using the pressure washer on higher grounds. This will help you avoid deadly falls.
- Drain water and other particles from the system to keep the portable pressure washer with water
- Do not spray directly on your body or that of others to avoid injury.
How to Fix Broken Electric Pressure Washer
Just like any other brand of pressure washers, Ryobi electric pressure washer is prone to damages and will require replacement or repair from time to time. It is important you understand the different parts of the machine before you start the Ryobi electric pressure washer troubleshooting. The basic parts of these machines are pump or motor, pressure hose, and a trigger gun. All these must be working perfectly for the pressure washer to operate.
Here’s how to go about fixing a broken pressure washer;
- Turn off the power and unplug the machine before starting the operation.
- Troubleshoot to ensure the extent of the damage. Maybe it is just a clog or low water supply. Only move forward if you are sure it is broken.
- Check the state of the O-rings on the pressure hose. You can remove them using an ice or screwdriver.
- New O-ring is easily accessible from supply stores. You can proceed to install the new ones on the pressure hose.
- Check if the oil in the water pump is at the right level, if not, refill until it is on the right level.
- Check for a blown fuse and replace them.
- If you have tried all the troubleshooting and repair options and nothing seems to work, or you feel a burning smell, go ahead and contact a professional technician.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
1. Is Ryobi a good pressure washer?
When looking for versatility, and have a range of home surfaces to clean, then Ryobi is the best option to go for. They come with a range of power choices to choose from depending on your needs. Ryobi pressure washers are designed for safety, durability, ergonomy, and ease of storage.
The only concern with Ryobi pressure washers is that they tend to be a little expensive as compared to other brands of pressure washers. The cost is justified, as it provides the value for money; most are made with high-quality metal fittings and pressure washer hose for durability. Therefore, Ryobi is a good and reliable pressure washer for your needs.
2. How many PSI do I need a pressure washer?
Understanding the pressure you need to clean a surface is important when choosing the type of pressure washer. 1500 PSI is great for bikes and scooters, vehicles and BBQ grills. 2600 PSI can clean decks & docks, and fences. 3,000 PSI is fit for boats, home siding, and driveways, while 4,000 PSI can easily clean industrial equipment and graffiti and paint stripping.
3. Can a 2000 PSI pressure washer clean concrete?
Most pressure washers of 2000 PSI come with aluminum or brass heads for high pressures, overhead-valve engine, axial-cam design pumps, high-quality steel wands, and several nozzle tips for different cleaning needs. This makes it good for cleaning concrete.
4. Can you damage concrete with a pressure washer?
While pressure washers are a convenient means of cleaning concrete, it has proven to be a little hassle using it without damaging the concrete. Pressure washers can damage the bricks and remove jointed sand. Newly constructed concretes are susceptible to damage compared to older ones.
Damages are mostly caused by the use of wrong nozzles, higher than required pressure levels, directing the spray to a particular place longer and holding the wand closer to the concrete.
You can easily avoid the damages by following the pressure washer user guides for correct usage when cleaning concrete.
5. How many PSI does it take to clean concrete?
To properly clean concrete, you need a good pressure amount and a decent flow rate. This is why the ideal PSI for concrete is 3000 PSI.
Ryobi pressure washers are reliable and easy to use machines that you can rely on for all your cleaning needs. They are high quality made of best finishing, and most come with an integrated detergent tank and an accessory compartment for hassle-free use. Using the information on this guide will help choose the best pressure washer for any surface you need to be cleaned.