Regardless of the weather and season, cleaning your home or car is a very time-consuming task. It is even more tedious when you do so without the help of modern equipment and technology. Discover the freedom of a portable pressure washer with water tank. With improved working mechanisms, your cleaning will not only be easier but made more fun.
Common uses for portable pressure washers
Pressure washers are very versatile when it comes to both outdoor and indoor cleaning. They can be used to clean places which are hard to reach while also saving you the money you would have otherwise spent on paying someone else to do. Below are the top 5 common uses of portable power washers with water tanks.
- Allows for thorough cleaning of your car
- Cleans the exterior part of your house without leaving any traces of mold, dust, mud, grime, and many others.
- Removing spider webs and wasp nests. Pressure washers can easily remove those stinging insects from your home without you having to physically touch them. This act is, however, advisable you do it at night when the insects are dormant.
- Thoroughly clean mold and other dirt from swimming pools and Jacuzzi before the beginning of a new season.
- Very effective in cleaning outdoor equipment, machines, farming, and industrial equipment.
Different types of portable pressure washers
Before deciding on which pressure washer you will stick to, you have to first understand the different types of portable pressure washers. The standard way of differentiating these machines can be through their functional capacity and power source.
1. According to the source of power
- Electric engine – just as the name implies, these engines are connected to an electric power source and are mostly used for light to moderate home use. Apart from being plugged into an electric socket, they can also be connected to a power generator.
- Petrol or gas engine – mostly useful in industrial and commercial applications, these pressure washers use petrol to perform medium to heavy tasks.
- Diesel engine – these are related to petrol engines, only that they use diesel instead. They work more or less like gas engines and should only be used outdoors due to the fumes they emit.
- Hydraulic engine – equipment which utilizes hydraulic pressure is mostly found in an agricultural setting. They are quieter, less heavy, and are very compact.
2. According to functional capacity
The functional capacity of pressure washers is divided into 4 main parts of;
- Light duty – these have a pressure rating of between 1300 to 2000 PSI. They are made to deliver a maximum of 2 GPM. Light duty pressure washers are best used in accomplishing domestic cleaning purposes such as garden equipment, patios, motorbikes, and even small cars.
- Medium duty – with a pressure rating of between 2000 to 2800 PSI, these washers deliver a flow rate of about 2 to 3 Gallons per Minute. Best for cleaning bigger cars, large patios, swimming pools, etc.
- Heavy duty – heavy duty pressure washers have a pressure rating of between 2900 to 3000 PSI. The flow rate of 3 to 4 GPM makes them very ideal to perform heavy duty tasks such as cleaning large trucks, stone, and brickworks, etc.
- Extra heavy duty – these machines are extra powerful and are used to perform heavy tasks. They have pressure ratings of above 3000 PSI.
Choosing the right portable pressure washer
After understanding the different types of portable pressure washers available in the market, it is paramount to now choose the right one. Since there are many options to pick from, here are the top 3 considerations before choosing a portable washer water tank.
What are you planning to use the pressure washer for? Will it serve the intended purpose well? For domestic cleaning purposes, a light duty washer will be enough for you. If planning for commercial use or washing large vehicles, you will need the medium-duty washer. A heavy duty washer will be perfect if you will be using it to clean large equipment, industrial use, etc.
Your location or the location from which the product will be used also greatly matters. A light duty power washer will be inefficient if you intend to use it on a barn or large industries. Moreover, if you have very sensitive neighbors and do not want to experience regular complaints from them, choose an electric powered light washer. This is because it produces very minimal noise and exhaust fumes.
- The source of water
Where you will be getting the water greatly matters. It is imperative when you get water directly from the tank to get a filter which will help prevent the entry of debris. Not considering this factor can bring forth unforeseen damages to your pressure washer.
Features to consider when buying a pressure washer
Apart from the above considerations, you have to also consider a number of features which the product you intend to buy has. Doing so will help you avoid disappointments later on while using the product.
How easy is the washer to move from one location to another? Will you get very exhausted at the end of performing heavy tasks?
- Power ratings
Some portable pressure washers use two methods to rate their power output, while others use three units of measure. The most common units of measurement include Gallons per Minute (GPM) and Pounds per Square Inch (PSI). The third measurement stats which help you to further identify the ideal pressure washer is Cleaning Units (CU). The CU is easy to calculate as you just multiply the PSI by the GPM.
Ensure to read the fine print before purchasing any pressure washers. Find out what the warranty covers (if any) and compare with others. It is recommended when the warranty can cover both the engine and the pump.
- Hot and cold water pressure washers
Some pressure washers are built to withstand and utilize hot water. While hot water is very efficient as it easily removes dirt using the smallest amount of detergent, cold water pressure washers cannot sustain it. The hot water in cold water only pressure washers might damage the coils or the entire washer system.
- Wands and nozzle tips
The nozzle tips are different and can range anywhere between a 0-degree point jet to 65-degree wide spray.
Review: The 10 best portable pressure washer with water tank for car in 2019
How we picked and tested
Our reviewers spent hours sampling out the most popular pressure washers there are in the market. For comprehensive results, these pressure washers were used to clean different parts of their homes with different levels of difficulty. Furthermore, several equipment and vehicles were cleaned in the process.
After the testing process, we outlined the most important features of those products while keeping in mind its maneuverability and efficiency. The major factors outlined in this post were also taken into keen consideration while giving all the pressure washers our unbiased ratings. After doing so, we came up with an all-inclusive list of the top 10 pressure washers that rated the highest.
Why should you trust our review?
With a vast hands-on experience with pressure washers for a long period of time, you can expect us to have known all the nitty-gritty concerning these products. Combining the experience and practical knowledge of our team, we definitely have all the expertise to guide you on matters concerning pressure washers. Our main goal is to see you find the best products available in the market currently.
1. Sun Joe SPX6001C-XR
Give yourself the freedom of easily moving around as you perform your cleaning chores with this Sun Joe SPX6001C-XR pressure washer machine. With a powerful 40V/600-watt motor, you can easily perform light duty tasks such as cleaning your home, cabins, etc. A 5.0 Ah battery is also included to help run longer. A top-loading and detachable bucket is very convenient as it can hold up to 5.3 gallons of water. To make work easier for you, the machine can be connected to a garden hose for continuous flow of water. The unique Pressure Select Technology offers you the option to choose the pressure which will suit your needs. You can also customize your cleaning results by adjusting the Quick-Connect tips.
2. Aqua2Go GD70orGD600
The Aqua2Go GD600 is a very efficient portable pressure washer with water tank which accompanies you anywhere. Perfect for light duty tasks, this product a 4.5-gallon tank enabling you to take it anywhere, even cleaning those unreachable parts of your homestead. With a number of very useful attachments, the purpose of this washer extends to not only cleaning the house and other equipment but can also be used to shower.
3. Sun Joe SPX3200
The Sun Joe SPX3200 ‘GO ANYWHERE’ Electric Pressure Washer is an ideal partner for all your domestic and light-duty chores. The compact and innovative lightweight design makes the product very portable, also thanks to the sturdy swivel wheels. The 14.5-amp motor has a peak performance and is able to blast water of up to 1.76 GPM. This enables easy cleaning and removal of dirt, stains, residue, etc. There is an in-built 27 fl oz. the detergent tank which enables you to easily move as you clean. Maneuverability is increased and made possible by the 360º rotating wheels while an extension wand makes accessing tight spaces very easy.
4. Pure Clean Outdoor Portable Spray Pressure Washer
If looking for a very easy-to-use pressure washer, this is the go-to product. Using it only involves plugging in the rechargeable battery, adding water to the 4.5-gallon water tank, and you are ready to go!
5. Sun Joe SPX3000
This is undoubtedly one of the most selling pressure washers on Amazon right now. This very portable and versatile pressure washer weighs just a little over 30 pounds. A 14.5 amp motor is packed inside this electric washer enabling it to generate up to 2030 PSI with 1.76 GPM. This means that 3573 is the Cleaning Unit (CU) score.
6. Stanley SHP1600 Electric Power Washer
For someone who does light cleaning jobs, wants efficiency, and does not want to move around with a heavy washer, the Stanley SHP1600 is the choice for you. Even though it is a bit cheaper compared to others of its caliber, this washer has much better and cooler features. With a better cable management system, larger wheels, and tank size, you will agree that this washer is simply one of the best.
7. YARD FORCE 1600 PSI All-in-1 Electric Pressure Washer
Designed to last longer, YARD FORCE 1600 is for those who love efficiency, durability, and its quiet engine ensures you do not disturb your neighbors. The reliable 13 Amp electric motor blasts out 1600 PSI of pressure. This pressure is enough to remove even the toughest of stains. The roll-along wheels help you move from place to another so easily without being concerned with immobility.
8. Sun Joe SPX3001
While maintaining a small price tag, the Sun Joe SPX3001 is an effective, yet very affordable pressure washer. It has a compact design which can be easily collapsed for better storage and portability. Even though it has a small, mobile design, this machine has a very powerful 14.5-Amp 1800-Watt motor which generates up to 2030 PSI with 1.76 GPM for the ultimate cleaning power.
9. Greenworks 1600 PSI 13 Amp 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer
A versatile pressure washer is one that can be easily used from all angles and still working perfectly. This is exactly what Greenworks offers. With the ability to be used both vertically and horizontally, this product also comes with added features including a very powerful engine motor and ease of use.
10. LYNSLIM Electric Pressure Washer
If looking for a powerful electric pressure washer to remove all the stubborn stains and dirt, LYNSLIM is a perfect choice. At 2100 PSI, it has one of the strongest motor engines compared to other electric pressure washers. With extra accompaniments and other features, this machine is very worth your time and money.
Your tedious search for the best portable pressure washer with built in water tank will finally come to an end thanks to our comprehensive list. Take note of the buyers’ guide and you will never have to face disappointments after purchasing poor quality pressure washers.