After selling out the 2021 Telluride, the focus of Kia dealerships has since shifted to its 2022 version. The reason for that is the vehicle’s popularity, which led to 51.7 percent more in sales than the previous year. Still, dealerships leased out a substantial portion of the Telluride in 2021. While purchasing involves paying the cash price or securing a car loan, leasing means you use the car for some time in exchange for smaller monthly payments. Take advantage of the prevailing Kia Telluride lease deals if you’re looking to have this car anytime soon. On average, you will pay $339 per month for 36 months with $3,499 if you take the car on a lease. The all-wheel-drive version of the vehicle attracts a $456 monthly payment and a $3,499 down payment for 36 months.
If you purchase the vehicle in cash, you will pay at least $32,790 for the LX FWD base model. The all-wheel-drive version of the LX has a $34,790 MSRP. On the higher end, the SX FWD starts at $42,690, while the SX AWD goes for $44,590. Car dealerships provide financing for this vehicle from a 1.9 percent APR for 60 months and a 3.25 percent APR for 72 months. Therefore, the monthly payments depend on the APR and the lease period.
- Should You Buy or Lease a Kia Telluride?
- Benefits of Purchasing the Kia Telluride
- Demerits of Buying the Kia Telluride
- Benefits of Leasing the Kia Telluride
- Demerits of Leasing the Kia Telluride
- Advertised Kia Telluride Lease Deals
- Why Should You Choose the 2022 Kia Telluride?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Should You Buy or Lease a Kia Telluride?
Due to its popularity, many people opt to purchase the Kia Telluride outright. Some have no problem paying the cash price or securing financing from a mainstream financial institution. If you choose to buy the vehicle through financing, you will make a down payment followed by a monthly installment. When you put all of that together, financing a car can be pretty expensive.
Leasing means you get the car for a short period. Some dealerships may require you to put down some money initially, while others don’t. The monthly payments are usually lower than that from purchasing.
Benefits of Purchasing the Kia Telluride
Those who wish to buy the 2022 Kia Telluride will pay anything between $32,790 and $44,490. Soon after paying the cash price, you can drive off with the car, title and everything. Existing financing deals have a 1.9 percent ARP for 60 months and 3.25 percent ARP for 72 months. Buying the Kia Telluride comes with several benefits, including the following:
- Express Car Ownership: Once you’ve paid for your car in full, you can have it registered in your name. Therefore, you become the owner of the vehicle on the spot.
- No Limits: Buying a car doesn’t come with any restrictions. Unlike leasing, there aren’t any mileage limits attached to the contract.
- Resale Value: Since you own the car, you can resale it when the time comes. Its resale value will likely be high if you maintain the car well.
- Customization: Besides, you can customize the car by installing extra features – only that you should be careful not to breach your manufacturer’s warranty requirements.
Demerits of Buying the Kia Telluride
As much as you would like to be a car owner, buying one can be disadvantageous. Since you’re paying for the car’s entire value, the monthly payments can be high. The length of the loan period also matters. It determines the interest you will pay on the loan and the monthly payment value. For the 2022 Kia Telluride, there is a 1.9 percent ARP for 60-month financing or 3.25 percent APR for a 72-month loan.
Like any other artificial product, a Kia Telluride eventually depreciates. It can lose up to 20 percent of its value as soon as you drive away with it. Therefore, selling the car soon after purchasing it results in a loss.
Finally, the 2022 Kia Telluride doesn’t come with any cash incentives. There are no cashback bonuses or discounts attached to purchasing this vehicle. Therefore, you do not gain any advantage from purchasing this car.
Benefits of Leasing the Kia Telluride
If you can’t purchase the car outright, you should lease it. The monthly payment varies depending on the Telluride model. Here are some of the reasons why leasing this car is the best option:
- Driving a Better Car: If you can’t afford to purchase the 2022 Kia Telluride, you can as well lease that. With that, you can enjoy using this car without paying lots of money for it.
- Ease of Upgrade: You can exchange the vehicle for one with the latest features at the end of the lease. With that, you will avoid having one car for a long time. That essentially means enjoying the latest tech features without fully paying for them.
- No Resale: Getting rid of a leased car doesn’t require resale. All you have to do is return the vehicle to the dealership. Then you can get a new car or withdraw from leasing altogether.
- Cheaper Payments: Leasing only covers the expected depreciation value for the lease period, usually 36 months. You don’t pay for the entire value of the vehicle. Also, there is no APR on a lease. Consequently, leasing is much cheaper than purchasing the car outright.
Demerits of Leasing the Kia Telluride
As much as you wish to take advantage of the existing Kia Telluride lease deals, you might end up disadvantaged in various ways. For instance, the ownership of the vehicle isn’t in your hands. You only get to use the car for some time and return it to the dealership.
Also, a car lease may come with several restrictions, including mileage limits. The leasing company also limits you when it comes to making modifications to the vehicle. If you break any of the restrictions, you might end up paying charges that make leasing expensive.
Advertised Kia Telluride Lease Deals
For the 2022 version of the Telluride, there are several lease deals that you might consider. The actual value of the lease depends on the car dealership and the expected down payment. One of the best Telluride lease deals starts at $339 per month for 36 months with a $3,499. Due to variations in terms of the lease, your down payment and monthly payments can be lower or higher. Here is a summary of the existing advertised Kia Telluride lease deals:
|Year||Model||Monthly payment||Lease period||Down payment|
|2022||Kia Telluride EX||$630||36 months||$1,000|
|2022||Kia Telluride EX||$568||36 months||$1,000|
|2022||Kia Telluride EX||$597||36 months||$1,000|
|2022||Kia Telluride S||$547||36 months||$1,000|
|2022||Kia Telluride EX||$634||36 months||$1,000|
|2022||Kia Telluride EX||$611||36 months||$1,000|
|2022||Kia Telluride EX||$598||36 months||$1,000|
|2022||Kia Telluride S||$516||36 months||$1,000|
|2022||Kia Telluride LX||$511||36 months||$1,000|
|2022||Kia Telluride LX||$339||24 months||$3,499|
|2022||Kia Telluride LX||$339||36 months||$3,499|
|2022||Kia Telluride LX||$359||24 months||$3,499|
|2022||Kia Telluride LX||$359||36 months||$3,499|
|2022||Kia Telluride LX AWD||$456||36 months||$3,499|
Learn More: Can You Trade In A Leased Car Early To Buy Another Car
Why Should You Choose the 2022 Kia Telluride?
In 2020, the Kia Telluride was SUV of the year, making it a popular option for buyers looking for a suitable vehicle in 2021. The 2022 Kia Telluride has three rows of seats, making it one of the must-have midsize SUVs. The interior badges are updated with an all-new Kia logo on the navigation on all of its trims. The base LX model gets upgrades like a 10.3-inch screen, a wireless device charger, updated safety technology, and automatic temperature control. Therefore, you have every reason to consider purchasing the Kia Telluride. If you can’t afford to buy this vehicle outright, you should take advantage of the advertised Kia Telluride lease deals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Taking advantage of any of the available Kia Telluride lease deals is the cheapest way for you to have this car. The leases start at as little as $339 per month for 36 months after a $3,499 down payment. As the down payment reduces, the monthly payment increases. So, be sure to check out all the details in the lease before signing against the dotted line.