Everyone loves a clean car. While the exterior of the car can adequately get cleaned at a carwash, the interior, and mostly the leather seats, are not given the right treatment. Apart from helping to protect your car from damage, a good leather conditioner will make the interior of the car look astonishing, hence the resale value can be higher. Cleaning of leather surfaces is pretty easy and needs very simple maintenance, however, using home-made or poor-quality conditioners will only make them get damaged even more. We have combined a detailed list of the top best leather conditioner for cars.
Car Leather Care Tips
Contrary to the popular opinion that leather seats cannot get damaged regardless of the situation, these materials can easily get worn out if proper care is not accorded. Here are a few car leather tips you should subscribe to:
Cleaning the leather regularly
Regular cleaning of the leather surfaces means you will not be forced to regularly scrub to achieve factory statues. It becomes easy maintaining it.
Protect the surface
Protecting the surface basically includes treating the leather with a sealant and a conditioner. A sealant helps to stop the leather from absorbing any liquids. A conditioner further makes it stay in a crisp situation.
Always go for quality
Never at any point be tempted to purchase cheap products or homemade cleaners for your car leather. Such cleaners or conditioners are not pH-regulated hence will eventually damage your vehicle’s leather.
Spot test new products first
Before using a new product on your leather, test it out first on a small, inconspicuous area. Check out the performance and that will dictate whether the product is okay for use or not.
The 10 Best Leather Conditioners For Cars Seat Cleaning
The 10 Best Leather Conditioners For Cars Reviews
1. Lexol Leather Conditioner 1L Bottle
This is one of the best leather seat car cleaners in the market currently. While applying this product, the natural oils of the leather were used during the tanning process. Coming with a non-greasy formula, no odor whatsoever, and is completely chemical free, the Lexol leather conditioner is a must-have item for every driver out there.
- Fully made from natural products
- Has a super cleaning ability
- The product is pH balanced to ensure its compatibility with car seat leathers.
- The foaming action of the product ensures that the toughest stains are removed from the leather, leaving it very soft and shiny.
- The glycerin-rich formula compliments the pH balance to provide a soft and glossy leather.
- It leaves no marks or residue
- Works best when used with a cleaner first
2. Leather Honey Leather Conditioner
This exceptional leather conditioner is by far one of the best leather conditioner for cars. A single application is enough to last one up to 6 months. This is pretty impressive considering the fact that the product does not contain any harmful chemicals which are popular with other leather conditioners with the same long-lasting effects. You can also use in your car for your baby safty lightest convertible car seat, it’s really cool product.
- Effective for 6 months or more
- The solution is not at all toxic and is also non-solvent
- The product comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Very easy to use
- Long-lasting effects
- Deeply penetrates the leather to give a smooth and glossy look
- A bit pricey
3. Trinova leather cleaner for couch
Trinova is basically a jack of all trades from the leather cleaner industry. With the ability to clean numerous different surfaces such as faux leather, durable, suede, vinyl, and many others, this is a very versatile product. The Trinova leather cleaner blends in well with all types of leather surfaces without someone getting concerned about the color getting damaged.
- Works on multiple surfaces
- It has a premium non-toxic formulation
- A microfiber cleaning cloth comes with the package
- Safe for use on all kinds of leather items
- Free of any animal products
- Properly removes stubborn dirt
- Helps to remove light scratches on the leather surfaces
- Leaves a matte finish
- It is not fragrance-free so not ideal for people with allergies and chemical sensitivities
4. TriNova Leather Conditioner and Restorer
When leather is used more often and is left dry, it can easily crack and become less flexible. This product is the perfect cure for such situations as it penetrates deep inside the leather and restores its original shape. If your car’s leather has worn out already with cracks, this is the perfect and most ideal product to use.
- Provides safe and durable protection to both new and old leather surfaces
- Makes the leather shiny and supple
- A rich leather fragrance is left after application
- It is water, snow, and rain repellant
- Contains no animal products
- Has no natural formula
5. Chemical Guys HOL303 Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
There are people who prefer to have a cleaner and a conditioner in one container while others prefer having them both in two different containers. If you are the latter, then this Chemical Guys leather cleaner and Conditioner is the perfect bet for you. Although the company is generally new to the market, it has over the years gained popularity thanks to the high-quality products they produce.
The package which comes with both a cleaner and a conditioner ensures that your car is thoroughly cleaned without experiencing any problems due to pH imbalances. Unlike inferior competitors, the Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner does not leave any residue or contribute to the deterioration of fiber.
- Non-toxic pH balanced formula
- Enriched with Vitamin E
- Cleans the leather deeply
- Multi-purpose product
- Quickly penetrates damaged leather
- Does not contribute to fiber deterioration
- Some users complained of the product leaving stains on the leather
- It has a strong artificial scent which might bad for those with allergies and chemical reactions
6. LeatherNu Complete Leather Color Restoration
This product from LeatherNu is perfect for the restoration of any damaged leather surfaces – whether minor or major. While only using water-based, non-toxic, and restorative compounds, this product has been accepted as one of the best leather car seat cleaner. The genuine leather dye comes in handy to recolor or touches up faded and worn out spots of your leather surface.
- A special repair component is added and can be used to prepare rips and cuts of worn-out leather surfaces
- The leather dyes are of different colors so you will not have to worry about the original color of your leather being done away with
- Works on a variety of leather surfaces
- There are 7 intermix dye colors to blend in with your leather surfaces
- Worn spots are retouched to make them look appealing
- Powerful enough to restore the quality of physically damaged leather surfaces
- It does not really restore worn out leather to match the exact original make
- It has problems offering repair services to vertical surfaces
7. Furniture Clinic Leather Recoloring Balm
With a selection of 21 tones available, this leather recoloring balm has improved and wider coverage of the total number of leather shades available. The solution is very safe and is not toxic to human contact. Its versatile nature has also earned the product a name in the market. If applied on furniture, the results will be seen and will stick for a good 3 years.
Additionally, the solution is very easy to use and apply. All you just have to do is apply the solution to a leather surface, buff it, and you will be ready to go.
- 21 colors of shades available for selection
- Completely absorbs into the leather
- Works on leather types, and can also be used on furniture, clothing, etc.
- Long-lasting results
- Very effective
- Works on all water absorbent leather surfaces
- A different polishing solution is required
- Due to monitor distortion, it might be a bit hard to select the right shade
8. KevianClean Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
When your leather interior of the car starts to age and momentarily cracks, you will need the perfect first-aid solution. The KevianClean leather cleaner and conditioner has been made to deeply penetrate the leather surfaces and repair them accordingly to give them a vintage and luxurious finish. This condition works to restore a discolored, soiled or roughed up leather surface. It is able to lift up the grime, oils, dirt, stains, etc. from the leather surfaces of your car’s interior.
- It is a 2-in-1 cleaner and conditioner
- pH balanced
- Organic formulation
- The product comes with a 60-days money back guarantee
- The UV protection design is specifically made for vehicles
- Not very versatile as it is only made for cars
9. Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner and Sponge Kit
Coming with a 2-bottle cleaner and conditioner system, Lexol is yet back with another super powerful leather cleaning kit. The package, which comes with a microfiber applicator, is the perfect solution you need for removing grime and the dirt on the seats of your car. Like all the other best leather conditioner for cars in this list, this product is also pH balanced to ensure that you get a non-corrosive conditioner.
- pH balanced
- non-greasy solution
- Can be used on different types of leather
- 2-step leather care kit
- No silicones, waxes, alcohols, oils or additives added
- Micro-fiber sponge added for convenience
- Many users have complained of the product discoloring the leather surfaces
10. Chamberlain’s Leather Milk Leather Conditioner
This unique leather conditioner from Chamberlain, has hit the markets hard due to its ease of use and efficiency. The restorative formula of the ‘milk’ is highly efficient and quickly gets absorbed into the leather surface to remove all the dirt and grime. After applying the product, you should leave it to dry before using the seat.
- Heals and restores dry and cracked leather
- Includes a pore scrubbing premium sponge
- Cosmetic grade
- Deeply conditions and repairs leather surfaces
- Rich scent
- It cannot deep cleaning
Factors to Consider When Buying a Leather Conditioner
There are literally hundreds of leather conditioners out in the market all claiming to be the best. This, therefore, makes it quite hard for a person to pick the right product. The best thing you can do is to be careful not to be duped into buying fake products which might at the end not even deliver results. Here is a list of the factors you should put into consideration before purchasing a leather conditioner for your car.
- Check for the pH levels
This is one of the major considerations one should check out when buying a leather conditioner for their car is the pH level. If there is no balanced pH between the conditioner and the leather seats, there might be some damage to the seats. Some of the side effects of using a conditioner without a neutral pH balance include; hardening, brittleness, darkening, and loss of strength. There are two major types of automotive leather namely chrome tanned and laminated leather. Ensure that the conditioner you get does not contain any ‘harmful’ chemicals which will harm these fabrics in the long run.
- Is it a cleaner and conditioner combo?
Several leather conditioners might also come as cleaners. These types of 2-in-1 combos are generally very effective when you do not have much time to first clean before you condition it. Consequently, having a dedicated leather conditioner for your car which is applied at least once a month or a couple of times in a year will get you more and better results.
- General ease of use
So far, it is hard to claim that any conditioners out there are hard to apply and use. The only, probable, and notable concern can come in terms of bulkiness. Conditioners that come in big containers might need smaller bottles or spray cans. The ease of use for such conditioners also comes in during the cleaning process.
Will you need to repeat the same process a number of times before getting the desired results or it is a one-off thing? Furthermore, will you be allowed to sit on the seats immediately after you have finished conditioning or you will have to wait for a couple of hours?
- Other factors to consider
Apart from such major factors that need to be considered, there are other considerations you need to look at before purchasing the leather conditioners.
- It should have a non-greasy formula
- Leaves a pleasant scent after application (this is totally subjective)
- It should provide an extra shine or a deep finish
- Ensures that there is no residue left behind
- The best conditioner is suitable for other applications
How we picked and tested
We sampled out the most popular leather conditioners for cars and tested them out for the factors mentioned above. We also relied on customer feedback and honest reviews from real people on how those particular products performed. All factors considered, we, therefore, ranked all conditioners according to how they scored. This list includes the ten which outperformed the rest.
Why trust our review?
Our main goal is to ensure that our readers get nothing short of the best. We only review the products we have had hands-on experience with and our team of experts only provides nothing but the best ratings on everyday use products.
Leather Conditioner for Cars FAQ
Maintaining the leather parts of a car, especially the seats, is a very simple process. However, many drivers get so many questions concerning the use of conditioners. We have sampled 5 of the most frequently asked questions
Are leather cleaners and conditioners necessary?
Leather cleaners and conditioners have a wide range of purposes. The most common uses of such products are to restore the bright look of the leather surface once it starts getting faded and worn out. Furthermore, it moisturizes and nourishes the car’s leather making it get rid of dry and ripped parts.
How do leather conditioners work?
Conditioners use a standard method of working. They basically work to keep the leather nourished and supple. Moreover, they work to restore the original pigment or color of the leather before it began to fade.
Can leather stain when it gets wet?
Rainwater usually stains the leather. The type and finishing of the leather greatly determine how the staining gets handled and at what rate.
How do I identify the type of leather your car seats have?
Identifying the type of leather in your car is very simple. If you bought the car with the leather seats, you can refer to the manual. Consequently, just by feeling the texture, you can determine its make. Aniline leather is, for example, lighter in nature.
Why do the leather peel and crack?
Lower-grade leather is likely to crack when it lacks natural oils and is dry.[/su_spoiler]
Try out the products mentioned in our list and you will live a happy car owner. Use our comprehensive buyers’ guide when out shopping for a leather conditioner for your car.