Sometimes, you may need a vehicle for a full month to fulfill your personal needs. It may be challenging to get a cheap auto rental vendor. Most car rental companies will quote you thousands of dollars. Your auto insurance company may refuse to cover for you too. But don’t get worried – use this comprehensive guide to rent a car for a month for 300.
Short Term vs Long Term Car Lease
Many people do not know the difference between a short term and a long term car lease. Before you decide on the term length of your car lease, you should ask yourself what purpose you intend to use the car for.
In case you want a 6 month car lease no deposit, you should go for a short term lease. Short term leases may be up to 24 months, but long term leases can stretch beyond two years. Typically, an average long term lease is around 3 – 4 years. If you are stuck between choosing a short or long term lease, ask yourself these questions;
- For how long will you need the car?: Obviously, this is one of the main factors which should determine the term length of your car lease. If you need the car for around 12 months, then a short term lease will be more appropriate for you.
- Will you sublease?: A short term lease will be more desirable if you intend to sublease.
- Does the lender offer a warranty plan?: You can comfortably opt for a long term lease if the rental dealer provides a warranty plan to its customers. This is because you won’t spend too much money maintaining and repairing the car if it gets faulty.
- What about gap insurance?: You can sign up for gap insurance on a leased car. However, you will only cover the difference between the amount you’ve invested and its market value. Since vehicles can depreciate, gap insurance may not be necessary. Savvy drivers usually consider the requirements of gap insurance for a particular car before deciding on the lease term.
Reasons for Short Term Car Lease
There are many reasons why you may be looking for cheap weekly car rentals. Some of these reasons include;
- Extended vacations and trips: You may want to go for an extended vacation with your loved one to enjoy yourself, visit new places, and relax. If you’ve booked for a short term car rental, you will be able to travel comfortably.
- Overall savings: Renting a car is much cheaper than paying for public transport. When you lease a vehicle for the short term, you will save more money.
- Car replacement: Unfortunately, you may be involved in a road accident; and your car may get damaged. If you’ve been using it frequently, such as traveling to and from work; you will be greatly disadvantaged. In such situations, you should lease a car for a short term to help you out while you repair yours.
- Seasonal work: Some jobs may require you to be flexible. For instance, your boss can request you to leave your home town for a couple of weeks. You may not be permitted to bring along your car to the new job location. In such situations, leasing can turn out to be a much better option.
- Special events: You may decide to rent a car for a special occasion. For instance, you can rent two other vehicles to transport guests to your wedding reception.
What You Should Consider Before Selecting a Car Rental Company
There are many car rental vendors out there. You may be unable to know which among them is the best.
1. Whether You Will Be Required to Pay Some Money Down
Some car rental vendors will require you to pay some money down, while others won’t. The best car rental companies won’t need down payment from you.
They will just give you the vehicle for the specific period which you want to use, with the condition that you will pay them the installments dutifully. If you must select a vendor who wants a down payment, make sure that the amount is reasonable enough.
2. The Length of Warranty Coverage
Most car rental companies have warranty plans for their customers. These warranty plans usually differ by their length. Some vendors may provide coverage for the whole period you have leased the car, while others will only cover for part of it.
Also, some plans may be more comprehensive than others. Always go for a rental company which offers complete and unlimited warranty coverage.
3. The Terms and Conditions
You will have to enter into a lease contract with the car rental company. You should read thoroughly the lease agreement to know what restrictions and limits are placed on your short term lease.
You should choose a car rental company which has clear terms and conditions. Avoid lease vendors who have confusing clauses in their agreements.
Often, some terms and conditions are negotiable in a long term lease. Always choose a company which offers more favorable terms if you are looking for 6 month car lease no deposit.
4. The Fees
Different car rental companies will offer you different payment rates. If you are looking for a cheap short term car lease for three months, you should choose a vendor who has affordable prices.
You should first analyze the total amount you will be required to pay. Then, consider if the company which you select can offer you a discount and some extra free days.
Where to Find the Best Car Rental Vendors
The most appropriate place to find the best car rental vendors is on the internet. A quick search on Google will give you a thorough list of the car rental companies in your area. If you are interested in a particular company, click the link which leads to its official website to get more information about it.
There are many sites online which can link you with consumers who would like to rent you their car. However, you will be required to pay a small registration or membership fee before you can use their services. Here are three essential tips which you should use when selecting a lease vendor online;
- Look at specific online websites. Go through the corporate websites of popular car leasing companies. You can also look out for sites which deal with these companies such as Auto Lease Breakers, Lease Trader, and Swapalease.
- Decide the term of your lease. A short term lease may range from a couple of days, all the way to 24 months. Select a vendor that offers the specific lease term which you want.
- Pay more attention to the car you are leasing. You don’t want to negotiate a lease contract for a car which you won’t be proud of in the long run. Look into car history. If it is possible, you should inspect the vehicle by yourself. Generally, you should go for newer cars since their manufacturer’s warranty still covers them.
Top 5 Best Car Rental Companies in the United States
To save you the hassle of looking for a reliable car rental vendor, have a look at this list. You can choose from one of them since they have proven to be efficient and dedicated to excellent customer service.
Most people believe that Enterprise is one of the most expensive car rental vendors in the United States. This belief is not true.
Though you will have to pay it a daily fee of $50, it doesn’t have any hidden additional charges like most car rental companies. Enterprise has up to 6,000 branches.
It will be the best fit for you if you are moving into a new city for work-related reasons. It also offers exotic car rental services if you would like to splash out your money for a special event such as a wedding.
National has one of the best customer care service system. This company has a five-star rating on many online review sites. Almost all its customers are satisfied with its leasing and reservation process.
National’s inventory is stocked with different car vehicle types. This vendor targets business travelers who are always on the move.
National offers a point reward system to its loyal customers. This is one of the most convenient companies where you can find a monthly car lease at an affordable price.
According to Trip Savvy, Alamo isn’t wallet-friendly since its cars can run for around $42 in one day. Despite this setback, Alamo is still a favorite among many millennials.
When you lease a car from this company, you will be entitled to unlimited mileage. All of its loyal customers are guaranteed to a 5% discount. If you rent a car for a month at Alamo, you will get an additional day free. This company has a great customer service system too.
Budget is one of the cheapest car rental vendors in the United States. At Budget, you can easily rent a car for a month for 300.
This company offers many bonuses to its customers. For instance, you are entitled to a 35% discount if you make payments during the reservation process. Also, you may get an extra free day in their Mustang Weekend Program.
You won’t only find the Honda Accords at Budget. You may have access to hybrids such as the Toyota Prius, and convertibles like the Chevy Camaro.
Just like Budget, Dollar offers cheap weekly car rentals to its customers. You will only need to pay $30 a day, and a discount can reduce this rate.
The dollar has in-stock several vehicle varieties. Whether you want a fully-fledged van for a family trip or a pick-up to carry your luggage; Dollar will be there for you.
Moreover, this rental vendor enrolls its customers into reward programs. For example, you will be given American Airlines points if you lease any car for more than three days. Many business travelers love this company since it offers them some serious benefits such as short lines and fast booking.
Quick Steps for Finding the Best Short Term Car Lease at the Most Affordable Price
Here are the main steps which you should take to find a cheap short term car lease;
- Consider all options: Make sure you deliberate on all the leasing options which you can access. These options include well-known and reputable car rental companies, used-car dealers, and local car brokers.
- Visit various car leasing outlets: After you’ve made a shortlist of multiple rental car dealers, you should visit each one of them. You can inspect their cars manually to see whether they are in good condition. You should lean towards leasing vendors who have plenty of used, but still new vehicles in their inventories.
- Get a dealer who has a certified preowned program: Contact a dealer who has some bragging rights. Look at their inventory and see whether they have included the number of days each vehicle has stayed idle. If you choose a car which has not been leased for long, you will definitely get it cheaply.
- Stay honest: You should remain truthful with your car rental dealer. You should be clear to them what you are willing to spend. Besides your budget, tell them the term of the lease you want and the type of vehicle you would like to have.
- Test drive the car: Before you select a particular vehicle, you must test drive it. This will help prevent you from paying too much money on a car which may not be worth it. Get a couple of plates, and make sure the car is insured.
Most people make mistakes while leasing a car since they don’t even know where to start. Some of these mistakes include paying high prices, not being honest with the car dealer and not inspecting the vehicle before leasing it. Following this guide will help you avoid making these errors. What’s more – you will get a good bargain since you will be able to find cheap weekly car rentals.