It is not easy to safeguard your vehicle from obtaining impurities in the air like birds’ droppings, pollen grains, dust, and, most importantly, water. The main reason for investing in a car cover is to protect your paint job from these harmful elements of the weather.
When taking the precautionary measures, we recommend that you purchase a 100% waterproof car cover. If you are going in for the water-resistant, it is vital to ensure the material is breathable.
Waterproof covers are useful, especially when you do not have a garage in which to park. Making car covers waterproof is an excellent solution for consumers who don’t have the luxury of a carport. The cover’s design should help to protect your vehicle from external elements.
Nevertheless, having one with an impervious fabric or outer layering could be harmful to the car. The best 100% water-resistant cover should not be watertight, but a one-way barrier. In this way, the fabric will help to stop moisture from seeping in, while allowing trapped moisture out.
If you are worried that the harsh weather conditions may ruin your vehicle, let us assist you. We will first help you understand the types of waterproof car covers, before pointing you to the best water-resistant car covers.
- 1) OxGord Signature Car Cover
- 2) Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro 1 Car Cover
- 3) Leader Accessories Mid-Grade Car Cover
- 4) Kayme Car Covers for Automobiles C9
- 5) Budge B-3 Lite Car Cover
- 6) OxGord Executive Storm-Proof Car Cover
- 7) WOKOKO Universal Full Car Cover
- 8) Audew Car Sedan Cover
- 9) XCAR Breathable Dust Prevention Car Cover
- 10) Motor Trend OV-640 TrueShield Waterproof Cover
Types Of Waterproof Car Covers
If this is your first time shopping for a car cover, the rule of business is to familiarize yourself with the available categories. The covers often come in three general types;
1) Universal Car Covers
While universal covers are an affordable option, they do not fit accurately on the car. The covers don’t provide the best protection both for indoor or outdoor storage. Nonetheless, universal car covers can be handy when you need to safeguard your vehicle from the sun’s UV rays.
2) Semi-Custom Fit Car Covers
We recommend semi-custom covers for vehicles because customers are confident of getting value for their money. These covers are designed to fit the width, length, and height of most cars. As a result, they are superior to the universal covers.
3) Custom Fit Car Covers
The design of custom-fit covers allows them to fit your car perfectly. Plenty of these covers come with provisions for antenna and mirror pockets.
Why You Buy a Waterproof Car Cover?
Car cover owners can all agree that protecting their vehicles from impurities in the air is important. However, it is more critical to buy a water-resistant car cover because rainwater is often laden with chemical compounds and pollutants.
The pollutants and chemicals evaporating into the atmosphere can reach a chemical density that forms acid rain. A quality waterproof vehicle cover will ensure your car remains dry and free from any chemical compounds that could damage your paint job.
Benefits Of Using Car Covers
Car covers have plenty of benefits. Here the three top reasons you should be having one:
- Keep your car from intense UV rays: Ultraviolet rays from the sun can ruin the paint on your vehicle. You should invest in a good quality car cover to stop the effects of the intense UV rays. In this way, you can avoid the repainting expense at an auto shop.
- Fight extreme weather elements: Severe storms are common. We all know how the various weather conditions such as; rain, tornados, heavy snow, hail, and strong winds can all damage your paintwork. You can safeguard your vehicle from rusting with a rainproof cover.
- Maintain a clean vehicle: A quality car cover protects your vehicle from birds’ droppings, dust, pollen, water, and debris. You can keep money away by reducing the frequency of getting it cleaned.
The 10 Best 100% Waterproof Car Cover Reviews
If this is the first cover you are buying, chances are you need help finding the best fit for your needs. Check out our ten best picks for 2022 to give your vehicle total protection against water and other harmful elements in the environment.
1) OxGord Signature Car Cover
The OxGord Signature Car Cover is sometimes known as the Semi Glove Fit because the design offers a perfect fit for most vehicles. The classy design and comprehensive protection make OxGord one of the best waterproof car covers for convertibles.
- Consists of up to seven different layers of protection
- Comes in a wide variety of patterns
- Extra-large design fitting up to 204 inches
- Features a breathable micro-porous film
- Avails of an antenna patch
- A convenient storage bag for safekeeping
- Includes tie-down security grommets for extra protection
2) Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro 1 Car Cover
The Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro 1 Full-Size Sedan Car Cover comes in a rainproof fabric that breathes to prevent mildew and mold while protecting against scratches, UV rays, and dirt.
- Suitable for full-size sedan cars between 191-inches to 210-inches long
- Non-abrasive fabric
- Antenna reinforcement patch
- Soft tie-down grommets
- Elastic hem corners
- Available in a convenient storage bag
- Consists of a two-year limited warranty
3) Leader Accessories Mid-Grade Car Cover
The Leader Accessories Mid-Grade Car Cover provides an affordable option to protect your vehicle from harsh weather elements.
- Eco-friendly biodegradable material
- Convenient windproof straps
- Measures up to 228-inches by 59-inches by 51.5-inches
- Snug fit with elastic hem
- Comes with a storage bag
- Bottom buckle and straps for heavy wind protection
4) Kayme Car Covers for Automobiles C9
The C9 Kayme car cover offers the best protection for Sedan-Length vehicles.
- Suitable for sedan cars between 182-inches to 193-inches long
- Durable one-layer polyester material
- Consists of a driver door zipper
- Front and rear straps
- Comes with side mirror pockets
5) Budge B-3 Lite Car Cover
Protect your auto from water, UV rays, and dust with the Budge B-3 Lite Car Cover.
- Design size of up to 200-inches by 60-inches by 51-inches
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Includes a storage bag
- An antenna reinforcement patch
6) OxGord Executive Storm-Proof Car Cover
Give your vehicle the best protection with the OxGord Executive Storm-Proof Car Cover that offers coverage of up to 229-inches long.
- Reinforced seams
- Provides semi-glove fit
- Elastic hems
- Soft, non-scratch cotton material
- Comes with tie-down grommets
- Provides up to 7 layers of protection
- Inclusive of a storage bag
7) WOKOKO Universal Full Car Cover
Get the all-weather, all-season protection for your vehicle courtesy of the WOKOKO Universal Full Car Cover.
- Universal fit measuring 201-inches by 76-inches by 59-inches
- Up to six levels of high-density protection
- Thick cotton non-abrasive layer
- Adjustable straps
- Front and rear buckles
- Six fluorescent reflective strips
8) Audew Car Sedan Cover
Give your vehicle comprehensive protection against destructive weather elements with the Audew Sedan 2019 Upgrade Car Cover.
- Large fit for sedan cars between 177-inch and 191-inch long
- All-weather protection with PE and cotton material
- Comes with convenient straps
- Windproof buckle
- Elastic hem
- Consists of a storage bag
- Durable double-stitched seams
- Reflective finish
9) XCAR Breathable Dust Prevention Car Cover
The XCAR Breathable Dust Prevention Car Cover offers the best protection for your sedan hatchback.
- Suitable sedan hatchbacks measuring 200-inches maximum length
- Snug fit design
- Free cable lock
- Wind-resistant strap and buckle
- Double stitch seams for maximum durability
- Scratch-proof fabric
- Elastic for easy fitting
- Includes an antenna patch
- One-year limited warranty
10) Motor Trend OV-640 TrueShield Waterproof Cover
If you have an SUV or van, the Motor Trend true shield cover can provide complete protection against wind, water, and UV rays, among others.
- Covers medium length vehicles of up to 185 inches
- Up to six-layer comprehensive, robust weather protection
- Non-abrasive fabric
- Breathable, ultrasonic seams to prevent water reflection
- Night reflectors
- Secure seven-foot hardened steel cable
- Front and rear belt straps
Read Also: The 10 Best Hard Tri Fold Tonneau Cover
Factors To Consider When Buying A Car Cover
You have probably encountered the waterproof cover plenty of times. But what does the waterproof car cover target? You are buying a cover for your vehicle to protect the paint job from the adverse weather conditions.
Getting one with sturdy and robust fabric will provide ultimate protection from snow, rain, strong winds, and hail, among other air impurities. Also, we recommend that you keep the following things in mind when choosing a car cover:
- Where you will store the car: Depending on where you are keeping the vehicle, the essentials differ for indoors and outdoors. For example, your car is less prone to the harshest elements of weather such as rain and UV rays when parked indoors compared to outdoor storage.
- Quality of the fabric: You will want to purchase a cover made with durable material. Avoid investing in a car cover that will tear off within a few months.
- The number of layers: Be sure to check the number of protection levels on the car cover before you buy it. The more layers it comes with, the better it will be.
- Scratch-proof: In addition to protecting against harsh weather conditions, the cover should not leave scratches on your paint job. A cover with a soft interior will touch your car with care without causing any dings.
- Your budget: The cost of vehicle covers will vary depending on individual sizes as well as the levels of protection. However, it does not mean that the most expensive covers are the best. You should be a smart buyer when shopping for a cover that fits your budget. Our selection consists of covers in different price ranges to help you match one to your budget.
- Size: You need to shop and buy a cover that fits your vehicle. Therefore, it is crucial to know the measurements of your car before you start shopping.
- Wind protection: Strong winds can blow away your car cover. Ensure what you are buying comes with built-in straps. A cover that budges easily in stormy weather is not the best choice.
- Water-resistant: An excellent car cover should protect your paintwork from rain by actively repelling rainwater.
- Breathable material: Purchasing a breathable cover for your vehicle prevents the buildup of mildew and mold. The cover will ensure the car surface remains dry by allowing moisture trapped underneath to escape into the atmosphere.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Car covers are a crucial element in safeguarding your car. You can protect the investment in your vehicle by ensuring the finish and other parts remain intact. Using one of the top 10 best 100% waterproof car covers in 2022 is an excellent way to provide your car with ultimate protection.
Placing these car covers over your vehicle gives you not only rain and sun protection, but also safeguards against sap, wind, and animal droppings. Making sure your vehicle maintains a perfect state is not as difficult as you may think. You will only need a few minutes of your time to put one of these covers over your car to keep it safe.