It is not easy to safeguard your vehicle from obtaining impurities in the air like birds’ droppings, pollen grains, dust, and, most importantly, water. The main reason for investing in a car cover is to protect your paint job from these harmful elements of the weather. When taking the precautionary measures, we recommend that you purchase a 100% waterproof car cover. If you are going in for the water-resistant, it is vital to ensure the material is breathable.
Waterproof covers are useful, especially when you do not have a garage in which to park. Making car covers waterproof is an excellent solution for consumers who don’t have the luxury of a carport. The cover’s design should help to protect your vehicle from external elements. Nevertheless, having one with an impervious fabric or outer layering could be harmful to the car. The best 100% water-resistant cover should not be watertight, but a one-way barrier. In this way, the fabric will help to stop moisture from seeping in, while allowing trapped moisture out.
If you are worried that the harsh weather conditions may ruin your vehicle, let us assist you. We will first help you understand the types of waterproof car covers, before pointing you to the best water-resistant car covers.
Types of Waterproof Car Covers
If this is your first time shopping for a car cover, the rule of business is to familiarize yourself with the available categories. The covers often come in three general types;
1. Universal Car Covers
While universal covers are an affordable option, they do not fit accurately on the car. The covers don’t provide the best protection both for indoor or outdoor storage. Nonetheless, universal car covers can be handy when you need to safeguard your vehicle from the sun’s UV rays.
2. Semi-Custom Fit Car Covers
We recommend semi-custom covers for vehicles because customers are confident of getting value for their money. These covers are designed to fit the width, length, and height of most cars. As a result, they are superior to the universal covers.
3. Custom Fit Car Covers
The design of custom-fit covers allows them to fit your car perfectly. Plenty of these covers come with provisions for antenna and mirror pockets.
Why Buy a Waterproof Car Cover?
Car cover owners can all agree that protecting their vehicles from impurities in the air is important. However, it is more critical to buy a water-resistant car cover because rainwater is often laden with chemical compounds and pollutants. The pollutants and chemicals evaporating into the atmosphere can reach a chemical density that forms acid rain. A quality waterproof vehicle cover will ensure your car remains dry and free from any chemical compounds that could damage your paint job.
Benefits Of Using Car Covers
Car covers have plenty of benefits. Here the three top reasons you should be having one;
- Keep your car from intense UV rays: Ultraviolet rays from the sun can ruin the paint on your vehicle. You should invest in a good quality car cover to stop the effects of the intense UV rays. In this way, you can avoid the repainting expense at an auto shop.
- Fight extreme weather elements: Severe storms are common. We all know how the various weather conditions such as; rain, tornados, heavy snow, hail, and strong winds can all damage your paintwork. You can safeguard your vehicle from rusting with a rainproof cover.
- Maintain a clean vehicle: A quality car cover protects your vehicle from birds’ droppings, dust, pollen, water, and debris. You can keep money away by reducing the frequency of getting it cleaned.
Product Review: Top 10 Best 100% Waterproof Car Cover In 2020
If this is the first cover you are buying, chances are you need help finding the best fit for your needs. Check out our ten best picks for 2020 to give your vehicle total protection against water and other harmful elements in the environment.
1. OxGord Signature Car Cover
The OxGord Signature Car Cover is sometimes known as the Semi Glove Fit because the design offers a perfect fit for most vehicles. The classy design and comprehensive protection make OxGord one of the best waterproof car covers for convertibles.
2. Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro 1 Full-Size Sedan Car Cover
The Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPro 1 Full-Size Sedan Car Cover comes in a rainproof fabric that breathes to prevent mildew and mold while protecting against scratches, UV rays, and dirt.
3. Leader Accessories Mid-Grade Car Cover
The Leader Accessories Mid-Grade Car Cover provides an affordable option to protect your vehicle from harsh weather elements.
4. Kayme Car Covers for Automobiles C9 For Sedan-Length
The C9 Kayme car cover offers the best protection for Sedan-Length vehicles.
5. Budge B-3 Lite Car Cover
Protect your auto from water, UV rays, and dust with the Budge B-3 Lite Car Cover.
6. OxGord Executive Storm-Proof Car Cover
Give your vehicle the best protection with the OxGord Executive Storm-Proof Car Cover that offers coverage of up to 229-inches long.
7. WOKOKO Universal Full Car Cover
Get the all-weather, all-season protection for your vehicle courtesy of the WOKOKO Universal Full Car Cover.
8. Audew Car Sedan Cover
Give your vehicle comprehensive protection against destructive weather elements with the Audew Sedan 2019 Upgrade Car Cover.
8. XCAR Breathable Dust Prevention Car Cover
The XCAR Breathable Dust Prevention Car Cover offers the best protection for your sedan hatchback.
10. Motor Trend OV-640 TrueShield Waterproof SUV & Van Cover
If you have an SUV or van, the Motor Trend true shield cover can provide complete protection against wind, water, and UV rays, among others.
Factors to Consider When You’re Buying A Car Cover
You have probably encountered the waterproof cover plenty of times. But what does the waterproof car cover target? You are buying a cover for your vehicle to protect the paint job from the adverse weather conditions. Getting one with sturdy and robust fabric will provide ultimate protection from snow, rain, strong winds, and hail, among other air impurities. Also, we recommend that you keep the following things in mind when choosing a car cover:
- Where you will store the car: Depending on where you are keeping the vehicle, the essentials differ for indoors and outdoors. For example, your car is less prone to the harshest elements of weather such as rain and UV rays when parked indoors compared to outdoor storage.
- Quality of the fabric: You will want to purchase a cover made with durable material. Avoid investing in a car cover that will tear off within a few months.
- The number of layers: Be sure to check the number of protection levels on the car cover before you buy it. The more layers it comes with, the better it will be.
- Scratch-proof: In addition to protecting against harsh weather conditions, the cover should not leave scratches on your paint job. A cover with a soft interior will touch your car with care without causing any dings.
- Your budget: The cost of vehicle covers will vary depending on individual sizes as well as the levels of protection. However, it does not mean that the most expensive covers are the best. You should be a smart buyer when shopping for a cover that fits your budget. Our selection consists of covers in different price ranges to help you match one to your budget.
- Size: You need to shop and buy a cover that fits your vehicle. Therefore, it is crucial to know the measurements of your car before you start shopping.
- Wind protection: Strong winds can blow away your car cover. Ensure what you are buying comes with built-in straps. A cover that budges easily in stormy weather is not the best choice.
- Water-resistant: An excellent car cover should protect your paintwork from rain by actively repelling rainwater.
- Breathable material: Purchasing a breathable cover for your vehicle prevents the buildup of mildew and mold. The cover will ensure the car surface remains dry by allowing moisture trapped underneath to escape into the atmosphere.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will a car cover protect my vehicle from rain?
Using a car cover can protect your vehicle from various destructive factors, including acid rain, leaves, dust, UV rays, and wind. You should be careful when choosing the cover since some could damage your car instead of protecting it. To safeguard your vehicle from rain, make sure the cover is 100% rainproof.
Will the car cover scratch my Car?
Yes. The car cover can scratch your car depending on its type and usage. When buying the cover, it is advisable to check whether it has soft clothing that prevents abrasion. A cover that doesn’t fit properly could also be more damaging to the car. Loose covers can flap against the body of your vehicle to cause scratching.
The best solution is to get a custom-fit cover for your vehicle, depending on the make year of manufacture. Install and remove the cover with extreme caution to avoid scratching the car surface. Always ensure the cover is not hooking up the car before you roll it off gently.
It is essential to wash the car cover to prevent the accumulation of dirt, moisture, water, and other contaminants from getting into contact and damaging your paint job. How often to wash the cover will depend on your usage. You can also check for frequency and washing instructions from the manual.
How do I install a car cover?
The best way to install a car cover is to start from the front, working your way to the rear. If you happen to have a cover with mirror pockets, it is advisable to get the mirrors in their pockets first. Some old model cars might give you a hard time if you start by covering the front or rear bumper.
What materials are used to make a car cover?
Car covers come in different materials. Plastic covers were a popular choice a few decades back. Although these covers are waterproof, they are unpopular for trapping condensation underneath the cover. Breathable covers feature different fabrics like Tyvek, which is water-resistant. You can also opt for a blend of polyester and cotton, which are available in flannel and cloth styles. The combination does not make rainproof covers. You will want to avoid long-term outdoor usage with car covers made using these two materials.
Car covers are a crucial element in safeguarding your car. You can protect the investment in your vehicle by ensuring the finish and other parts remain intact. Using one of the top 10 best 100% waterproof car covers in 2020 is an excellent way to provide your car with ultimate protection. Placing these car covers over your vehicle gives you not only rain and sun protection, but also safeguards against sap, wind, and animal droppings. Making sure your vehicle maintains a perfect state is not as difficult as you may think. You will only need a few minutes of your time to put one of these covers over your car to keep it safe.