Keeping your home clean is no longer a problem with the right pressure washer. The days of experiencing painful back as a result of scrubbing your surfaces are long gone. Pressure washers are versatile cleaning tools that make light work of cleaning the traditionally difficult to clean surfaces.
They help to keep pavements, patios, and decks in perfect condition. The power washers are highly flexible and efficient, taking less time and water to clean your home. However, buying the right is not as easy as it is to clean with the washer.
You will have to understand the different types and features that come with power washers. A portable pressure washer is lightweight, making it easy to move around as you clean.
In addition to the washer’s types and features, you will need to keep in mind the surfaces you want to clean. While most units are versatile enough to clean multiple surfaces, you may not get the best outcome if you clean with the wrong machine.
A less powerful washer may struggle to clean excessively dirty concrete surfaces while a more powerful unit can damage your car paint. It is also necessary to look for features that make it easy to use the washer.
- 1) Blackmax BM80721 1700 PSI Power Washer
- 2) Black Max BM802823 2800 PSI Pressure Washer
- 3) Black Max BM802711 2700 PSI Pressure Washer
- 4) Black Max BM80721SBC 1800 PSI Pressure Washer
- 5) Black Max BM80320X 3200 PSI Pressure Washer
Features That Set The Best And The Worst Pressure Washers Apart
1) Pressure and water flow
Pressure and water flow rate are the indicators of power. The pressure in the bar refers to the rate at which the water is pushed out. The water flow rate is in liters per hour. The water flow and water pressure are important indicators of how the unit will perform at different surfaces.
Always look for the washer with the right combination of water flow and strength, depending on the use. A commercial pressure washer will have the highest pressure for cleaning large and excessively dirty spaces.
A cleaner with higher pressure is more effective in cleaning stubborn dirt. Nevertheless, using a more powerful unit than recommended on a surface can damage your floor.
If you are using the power washer to clean multiple surfaces, you should opt for a unit that lets you change the pressure to suit the application. You should also keep in mind that power washers are not ideal for cleaning glass and brickwork as the high pressure can damage them.
The terms that you should look out for are GPM that indicates the water flow in gallons per minute and PSI that measures the pressure in pounds per square inch. To find the best power washer for your home and car cleaning, you can use this guideline.
- Light duty – A power cleaner is light-duty if it has a PSI of between 1300 and 1900 and a GPM of two or less. A unit in this category is the best pressure washer for cars as it will get rid of dirt without the pilling of the paint. You also need a light-duty machine if you are using it to clean patio furniture, small decks, grills, and patios.
- Medium duty – A pressure washer is in the medium category if the PSI is between 2000 and 2800 and GPM of between two and three. Units in this category are perfect for getting rid of tough dirt and stains. They are sturdier and powerful enough to clean everything from walkways to driveways, fences, and exterior siding. However, you may be careful when cleaning your car and other less robust surfaces as the pressure can pill paint. Medium duty power washers are perfect for cleaning concrete.
- Heavy-duty and commercial – You should only consider units in this category if you are taking part in large-scale cleaning jobs. Commercial and heavy-duty washers have a PSI of more than 2800 and GPM of between three and four. You must adhere to safety protocols when using a commercial pressure washer as the pressure can cause injuries or damage. Getting rid of graffiti and stripping paint is not troublesome for a heavy-duty cleaner.
2) Gas or Electric
You will have to choose whether you want an electric or gas-powered cleaner.
- Gas pressure washers – Gas power washers tend to have a higher pressure, making them ideal for cleaning large areas. A standard gas power washer will efficiently dispatch tough stains on driveways and decks, eliminating the need to use chemicals. However, gas-powered units are usually noisy and heavier. They also require tune-ups as idling for long can ruin the machine. You are also more likely to pay more for a gas-powered unit than an electric machine.
- Electric power washer – They are cheap and compact. The electric washers are suitable for cleaning small patios, decks, cars, and outdoor furniture. Electric-powered units are lightweight for effortless portability as you clean your home. They are straightforward to use as they do not need winterizing or much upkeep to function correctly. The compact design makes them friendly to use and store. Electric power washers are good for the environment as they do not emit gases. However, they have lower water pressure, which means that you may have to spend more time cleaning your home. The nozzles and wands are usually made of plastic, making them less durable.
The features available on a unit are as crucial as the power. The features make it easy and straightforward to use the pressure washer. Some of the features that should be on top of your priorities include:
- Hose length – Look for a longer hose that will enable you to clean a large radius without moving the washer. A hose that does not tangle lets you focus on cleaning.
- Lances – Lances offer additional control over the water flow. You can use them to increase or lower the water pressure to suit different surfaces for painless cleaning.
- Wheels and handles – Wheels and handles determine the portability of the washer. A unit with large wheels and sturdy handles will be easy to move up and down the stairs.
- Auto start/ stop – An auto start/stop feature on the spray gun helps you manage water more effectively. You are also not left with water that you should dry upon completion as you can start and stop the water flow as necessary.
Although all units come with a standard spray head for cleaning, additional accessories help you get the most from your pressure washer. Some of the accessories that you consider include:
- Wash brushes
- Patio cleaners
- Integrated storage
- Suction hoses
The 5 Best Black Max Pressure Washer Reviews
Black Max is a notable brand that makes reliable pressure washers. The Black Max power washers are feature-rich, durable machines that make cleaning the toughest dirt undemanding. The company has a host of power washers that you can choose for your cleaning. We have reviewed the best five Black Max pressure washers to help you quickly find the ideal cleaning machine.
1) Blackmax BM80721 1700 PSI Power Washer
The BM80721 is a powerful light-duty Black Max power washer that will easily handle your home cleaning tasks. You can use it to clean your patio furniture, deck, siding, grills, windows, and cars. It comes with a 7-inch rugged, durable frame and never-flat wheels for easy portability.
The washer generates 1700 PSI and 1.2 GPM, enabling it to handle with distinction all light-duty cleaning tasks at home. The BM80721 pressure washer comes with a long 35-feet power cord for trouble-free cleaning of stairs.
A 13 AMP brush motor generates adequate power to clean the stubborn dirt. It further features an on-board detergent tank for easy detergent applications, a maintenance-free aluminum pump, and a quick connect nozzle coupler and a trigger wand.
- Durable, maintenance-free aluminum pump
- On-board detergent tank
- Sturdy frame design
- Trigger handle and wand
- 25-foot hose
2) Black Max BM802823 2800 PSI Pressure Washer
The Black Max 2800 PSI is a highly durable pressure washer. It is powered by a commercial-grade Mitsubishi gas engine that guarantees trouble-free years of cleaning your pavements. The power washer further features an axial cam aluminum pump, reducing maintenance while offering extended life.
The Black Max BM802823 model has useful on-board accessory storage that lets you keep all the accessories within reach as you clean. The power machine further features a 1-gallon on-board detergent tank for effortless soap application. A 25-foot non-marring hose helps you reach corners and other hard to reach areas as you clean.
- 25-foot non-marring hose
- 1-gallon on-board detergent tank
- Quick connect wand
- Soap, 15, 25, 40-degree spray nozzles
- 2-year limited warranty
3) Black Max BM802711 2700 PSI Pressure Washer
The Black Max 2700 PSI washer will keep your buildings, driveways, and deck clean with little effort. A powerful commercial-grade Subaru engine delivers adequate power to clean almost everything. Whether you are dealing with tough stains or graffiti, this Black Max power washer will get the work done.
It comes with large 12 by 2 inches flat-free wheels for enhanced portability as you clean different parts of your home. It further features a 25-foot long hose that will leave your floor clean. The Black Max BM802711 2700 PSI has functional on-board accessory storage that keeps every accessory within reach as you clean. It also has a 1-gallon detergent tank that offers effortless detergent application.
- On-board accessory storage
- 1-gallon detergent tank
- Axial Cam Aluminum Pump
- Commercial-grade Subaru engine
- Large 12 by 2 inches flat-free wheels
4) Black Max BM80721SBC 1800 PSI Pressure Washer
The BM80721SBC is a powerful Black Max electric pressure washer that will always leave your patio clean. This washer is perfect for light-duty cleaning tasks, like cleaning a car, patio furniture, and deck.
The Black Max washer comes with a powerful 13 AMP electric motor that gets rid of tough dirt with ease. It further comes with an onboard detergent tank that offers easy soap applications. A quick-connect wand with accessory capability provides convenience and flexibility.
It also features four PC bonus cleaning kit and a two-year limited warranty. The power washer comes with on-board accessory storage that adds convenience while keeping you organized.
- On-board detergent tank
- 13-Amp electric motor
- On-board accessory storage
- Bonus cleaning kit
- Quick-connect wand
- 2-year warranty
5) Black Max BM80320X 3200 PSI Pressure Washer
The BM80320X is a commercial power washer that is perfect for heavy-duty tasks. It comes with an easy-start Honda engine offering 3200 PSI and 2.5 GPM, making it easy to clean excessively dirty large spaces.
The unit has an extra-large gas tank that provides four times longer run time than most competitors. You can expect to clean up to four hours continuously. The machine comes with useful, large 12 by 3 inches flat-free wheels for portability.
It further features a 1-gallon onboard detergent tank, ensuring a straightforward soap application. The unit has a long 50-foot high-pressure hose that lets you clean a large area without the need to move the washer.
- 50-foot high-pressure hose
- On-board detergent tank
- Large 12 by 3 inches flat-free wheels
- Extra-large gas tank
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Buying the right power pressure will make cleaning outdoors painless. However, you must get the PSI and GPM right for your use. It is helpful to look for a sturdy unit that lowers the pressure when cleaning other sensitive areas or furniture. Black Max units in this guide are powerful for their task category.
The Black Max 3200 PSI is perfect if you are looking for a commercial-grade unit that easily cleans large spaces. The Black Max 2700 PSI can help you eliminate stubborn dirt in concrete and pavement while the Black Max 1800 PSI will keep your car and furniture clean.