Did you know that your vehicle interior could wear just out of daily driving? If your seats carry evidence of years of dark pet markings and coffee spills, you’ll probably need a revamp of your car interior. You could get a set of stylish seat guards to protect against dogs and other pets. Leather car seat covers, for example, can breathe a new lease of life into your interior, masking old blemishes and adding unique class unmatched by factory seats. Besides, a high-quality leather car seat protector will safeguard excess wear and prevent future stains.
We all know how expensive it can get to repair factory vehicle seats. And it’s even worse when your manufacturer supplied auto seats are pure leather. From constantly checking for excessive spills to cleaning with car leather conditioner, maintenance tasks can be overwhelming. But aftermarket seat covers can keep your car looking nice while blocking what’s underneath. The accessory not only defends your seats from spills and thrills but can also enhance your style and excite your passengers. You can get leather car seat covers as a form of inexpensive leather car seat repair. The products are affordable, easy to install, and available in different styles and colors to match your vehicle interiors.
When you start shopping for a form-fitting luxury car seat covers, it might soon feel overwhelming. There’s plenty of elements to look at when searching for custom leather seat covers. If you’re a smoker, for example, you need to choose a fabric that’ll let you steam clean car seats to remove cigarette odors. Moreover, constant washing may also require that you get waterproof car seat covers. That’s why we want to make it easier for you to choose. In this article, we’ll look at the top ten best leather car seat covers and what makes them popular. We’ll also highlight different material types and the factors to consider when looking for a car seat cover.
The Best Leather Car Seat Covers: Everything You Should Know
Leather car seat covers are an inexpensive way to safeguard your seats while maintaining higher resale value. For others, however, custom car seat covers are more than just a stylish accessory to add to the vehicle. The products offer protection while adding a sleek appearance to auto interiors. Even so, finding the right seat protector isn’t as simple as it sounds.
One of the biggest challenges with purchasing replacement leather seat covers is that most are universal fit designs. Although it works perfectly for most applications, some auto-owners don’t get the same fitment experience as others. The reason is that the seats can vary widely from one vehicle to the next.
The best leather seat covers for trucks, for example, may not be a perfect fit for SUVs. It’s advisable to reach the manufacturer or read user reviews to see if a specific item fits your car before you buy it. Also, these covers come with different functions, fabrics, designs, protection features, and price-points. Irrespective of whether you’re looking to guard against dirt, wear, sweat, UV rays, spills, old stains, or mud, it’s always smart to know the features of a great seat cover before you begin shopping.
Here’s a detailed buying guide for vehicle seat covers.
Buying Guide: How To Choose The Right Car Seat Covers
You can choose from microfiber to neoprene and leather car seat covers. Whichever you prefer, the best upgrade accessory should be comfy and sturdy enough to shield your seats from debris, dirt, and spills. You’ll generally pick seat protectors depending on their quality of material and how they fit.
1. Quality of Fabric
You’ll want to pick a long-lasting material. Regardless of choice, it’s vital to ensure the fabric is strong enough to withstand daily use. Be sure to read reviews of prior buyers to get an idea of the quality of the material.
We sampled some popular seat cover fabrics to help you make an educated choice;
- Neoprene: Neoprene fabric is one of the best for making car seats for its waterproofing properties. The material is particularly suitable for off-road drivers as it provides total protection from water damage.
- Ballistic Nylon: It may not be the comfiest material in the market. However, ballistic nylon offers a tough shield from damaging UV rays and water. The fabric makes the most durable car seat covers in the market.
- Velour Material: Velour is a luxurious knitted fabric usually from polyester or cotton. Its extra soft finish is almost similar to velvet and provides unmatched comfort for your car seats.
- Leather Material: Leather car seat covers offer more protection than you can imagine. Unlike cloth, it is spill-proof. Most liquids will remain on its surface, which makes it easy to clean. But depending on the quality, some materials such as faux leather can get sticky during hot days, making them more susceptible to wear.
- Suede Cover: Suede is leather’s inexpensive alternative. The covers are sturdy and less vulnerable to wear. However, similar to leather, suedes aren’t natural waterproof or resistant to the sun’s UV rays. It’s advisable to get suede covers that have gone through weather-resistant treatment.
- Tweed Fabric: While tweed seat covers compare to velour in terms of comfort, they are considerably more weather-resistant and stain-proof. Also, they’re the best choice if you are shopping for textured pattern car seat covers.
- Saddle Blanket: Saddle is a perfect choice if you need long-lasting seat covers that offer the rugged western appearance. They come in tightly-woven fabric standing up to heavy use with easy to clean properties.
2. How They Fit
Any professional tailor will tell you that the bottom line is the fit.
- Custom Covers: You’ll get custom car seat covers for an authentic, smooth look and fit. The product is made to match the exact dimensions of your vehicle’s seats.
- Semi-Custom Covers: As the name suggests, these seat protectors are universal fit in nature. The semi-custom design is particularly great if you are on a budget. You’ll get the same protection levels as with a custom design, save for some loss on style points.
Beyond the fabric and fitment properties, we also looked into these factors when deciding the top car seat covers replacements for car in 2020.
- Airbag compatibility: Some vehicles have side airbags in the front seats. Make sure to get a seat cover that allows the side airbags to work during impact. Airbag compatible accessories will only cover the front part without slipping over the whole seat. However, it’s still essential to confirm with the product manufacturer.
- Machine Washable: Consider a machine-washable car seat if you are fond of traveling with pets or using your vehicle in heavy wear and tear conditions.
- Waterproofing: Car seat covers with superior waterproof properties will protect against sweat, mud, or rain. The neoprene material is almost 100% waterproof and is somewhat easy to install and maintain.
- Size: Most covers are a universal fit for the majority of car models and make. If you are choosing a custom fit design, make sure it fits your vehicle type.
- Seat Type: It’s advisable to get a cover that matches the kind of seats in your car. You should check if your vehicle has captain style or bucket seats with detachable headrests. Moreover, you need to be sure whether you are purchasing accessories for front or back seats.
- Heated or non-heated: Heated car seats are multi-functional. They’ll safeguard your seats from wear and tear while keeping you warm in cold weather. It’s recommended that you choose compatible covers if your car came with heated seats.
The 10 Best Leather Car Seat Covers Replacement Reviews in 2020
The following seat protectors offer a simple, fashionable, and less expensive option for preventing wear and tear to your car interior.
1. BDK OS309 Charcoal Gray PolyPro Car Seat Covers
BDK PolyPro seat protectors will add a layer of comfort and protection to your car interior.
2. FH Group Fabric Seat Cover FB050114
The universal fit FH-FB050114 seat protectors can keep your vehicle’s interiors looking great and maintain its overall resale value.
3. Rough Country Black Neoprene Seat Protectors
Upgrade your Ford F-150 factory car seats with Rough Country’s waterproof seat protectors.
4. FH Group Black PU002BLACK115 Faux Leather Seat Covers
The PU002BLACK115 seat protectors from FH Group is the best affordable way to infuse a touch of class and luxury to your car with easy upkeep.
5. Leader Accessories Faux Leather Black Seat Protectors
The elastic material with adjustable straps on Leader Accessories’ faux leather seat covers makes them a perfect fit for nearly all types of vehicles.
6. Car Pass Skyline PU Leather Car Seat Protectors
The Skyline PU leather seat protectors will keep your vehicle interiors looking new.
7. FH Group PU001102 PU Leather Front Car Seat Covers
Nothing improves your car’s interiors better than this PU001102 front seat protectors by FH Group.
8. 11PC Car Pass Universal Leather Car Seat Protectors
This leather car seat protectors from Car Pass provide an affordable way to safeguard your seats while keeping high resale value.
9. FH Group PU007BLACK115 Universal Car Seat Covers
The PU007 BLACK115 from FH Group comes with a center panel perforation to add a modern touch to your car interior.
10. Fia SL67-34 GRAY Front Car Seat Covers
The SL60 series custom seat protectors by Fia are a perfect solution for disguising wear in your old seats.
That’s our selection of the best leather car seat covers in 2020. The right car seat cover will depend on why you need it. Are you looking to guard against UV rays and spillages? Or are you trying to add an extra layer of comfort? Maybe you’re shopping for protectors to shield your seats from absorbing sweat after an intensive workout at the gym. Deciding why you want to install new seat covers will make it easy to zero down on the right accessory.
The Bottom Line
Fast foods and liquid spills are only some of the inevitable messes your seats withstand each day. Even though there’s sure-proof protection against accidents, you can avoid these unfortunate events from damaging your vehicle’s interior with leather car seat covers. The products may look like a cosmetic auto accessory from the surface view. However, they provide a level of protection, which can save you from hundreds of dollars in potential repairs and upholstery replacement costs.
Besides, seat protectors can come in a wide assortment of materials and styles to match everyone’s needs. For example, neoprene covers are so famous for their waterproof properties. It’s the same material you’ll find on scuba suits and offers excellent protection from sweat, liquids, and any similar substances. Some products also use faux leather, which is an excellent alternative for genuine leather car seat covers. The fabric will give your seats a high-end look while guarding whatever is underneath. Other seat guards will use fabrics like polyester, which provide a soft touch to your seats. While the materials are highly absorbent, they also allow for machine washing and will need more maintenance.