Dirty driveways, nasty oil spits on the garage floor, dirt and grime are part of everyday life. However, pressure washers are the best way to deal with such dirty surfaces. These tools are increasingly becoming standard household equipment for many good reasons. They offer various benefits and great cleaning possibilities. That said, Generac pressure washers are among the best brand available on the market currently.
Generac pressure washers, as a brand, was established in early 1959 and has since produced the best commercial pressure washer in the pressure washing business.
Amidst several options, including the Honda GX390 pressure washer and 3000 PSI electric pressure washer, Generac pressure washers have proven compelling when it comes to handling extreme cleaning tasks.
That said, the review below outlines some of the best pressure washers from Generac that can get your cleaning task completed with ease. Note that even though a particular Generac pressure washer worked for us, it might not work for you.
For this reason, it is important to choose wisely in order to get the machine that best works for you.
- 1) Generac SpeedWash 7122 Gas Powered Pressure Washer
- 2) Generac 7019 OneWash Pressure Washer
- 3) Generac OneWash 70191 Pressure Washer
- 4) Generac 6565 Gas Powered washer
- 5) Generac 7143 Gas Pressure Washer
- 1) Nozzle Upgrades
- 2) Brass Couplers
- 3) Rotating Scrub Brushes
- 4) Floor Sweeping Units
- 5) High-Pressure Hoses
The 5 Best Generac Pressure Washers Reviews
1) Generac SpeedWash 7122 Gas Powered Pressure Washer
The Generac SpeedWash 7122 Gas Powered Pressure Washer promises to clean 50% faster and smarter compared to other gas pressure washers. From a distance, this unit appears like a new, turbo broom.
However, on a closer look, you will see significant improvements made by the manufacturer. From the additional PSI and GPM, the varying price range with other pressure washers is fully justified.
- Engine: As anticipated, Generac installed the best in-house components to equip this unit’s engine. The Generac OHV engine with 196cc powers this gas-driven device and has a manual choke. If you are well versed with such units, the horizontal shaft design is quite standard for high-end pressure washing. The washer comes with a 3.2qt fuel tank and works with 10W to 30W oil.
- Design: You will notice the Generac SpeedWash 7122 Gas Powered Pressure Washer’s design from a distance. Once delivered, you will need minimal assembly to put the unit together and start using. The upper section has handlebars that should be fitted. There is also a gun holder that connects to the unit and a lance that connects to the main gun. For gardening experts, this 35.5 x 18.9 x 24.2 inches washer should be ready to work in 15 minutes. Its overall design features a steel frame and a vertical layout of the engine and pump. It has on-board support that accommodates the hose and cord. The hose attached is a high-pressure flex hose made from polyurethane. This comes with the advantages of being extra soft and pliable. It can be wound and wrapped any time.
- Ease of Use: The unit comes with various user-friendly controls, all found in one location to make operation intuitive and easy. It also comes with never-flat tires that makes it easy to move from one place to another, regardless of the terrain. The configuration also balances the case over the vertical axle, making the washer stable and easy to maneuver.
- Customer Reviews: It is impossible to find a gas pressure washer without a single negative review. However, as with the Generac SpeedWash 7122 Gas Powered Pressure Washer, common issues include a broken wheel or power switch got broke. From these individual complaints, it is clear that they all relate to how the machine was used. Nonetheless, a quantifiable review was that the unit could install a step for placing your foot on its frame. Without the electric start, there is the importance of placing a step in place on the system to support users when starting its recoil system. That aside, everyone is happy with this purchase. The general opinion being that it is worth the money.
2) Generac 7019 OneWash Pressure Washer
The Generac 7019 OneWash Gas Powered Pressure Washer is another excellent and popular pressure washer constructed with power and dependability in mind.
Despite being widely recognized as a heavy-weight pressure washer, the device is user-friendly and effortless to use. It comes with easy to install hose connects and other intriguing features for the everyday user.
- Never Flat Wheels: Most pressure washers are made in a way that they can be used in various areas, either within or outside your backyard. The Generac 7019 OneWash Gas Powered Pressure Washer comes with wide, never-flat wheels that provide maximum maneuverability. Despite being quite heavy, you can move it anywhere without worries. As the name suggests, the wheels are made in such a way that they can never be flat.
- Low Water and Oil Alert System: Machines with oil and water detection systems are probably the best in the market. This technology prevents common engine knocks associated with a lack of coolants. This unit uses a led indicator to alert users of low water or oil levels. If such occurs, you should stop using the washer and change the oil or add more water. The entire process is very easy.
- Customer Reviews: The Generac 7019 OneWash Gas Powered Pressure Washer is among the excellent units in the market. Most users who have purchased this device are very happy with their purchase. The device has excellent features, yet available at an affordable rate.
3) Generac OneWash 70191 Pressure Washer
Another powerful pressure washer is the Generac OneWash 70191 Pressure Washer that delivers exceptional cleaning power at its range.
The unit is very compact and perfect for various home cleaning chores, including dirty surfaces and stubborn driveways. This user-friendly design is easy to assemble, moves effortlessly on all terrains and cleans longer and comfortably compared to other units.
- It comes with an ergonomic spray gun featuring integrated PowerDial that allows users to adjust pressures based on the area to be cleaned. You can switch between concrete, car, wood, and soap with ease.
- It has a powerful horizontal axial pump that delivers more than 3000PSI for tough cleaning.
- It comes with a convenient 0.5-gallon detergent tank that makes it easy to achieve spotless cleaning.
- The Generac OneWash 70191 Pressure Washer 196-gallon engine provides assurance of maximum cleaning.
- It comes with four quick-change nozzle tips, including the 0 degrees, 25 degrees, 40 degrees, and soap for versatile cleaning experience.
- The unit features a 25ft long pressure hose that connects to the rear part of the spray gun for suiting convenience.
- The oversized never-flat tires make it easy to take your pressure washer anywhere at home without terrain hindrance.
4) Generac 6565 Gas Powered washer
The Generac 6565 Gas Powered Commercial Pressure Washer is another powerful Generac washer that delivers up to 4200 PSI. The unit comes fitted with a professional-grade triplex pump that takes on major cleaning jobs with ease.
Like other high-end Generac washers, it is gas-powered thus suits every commercial purpose. The high level of torque provided by the washer is a recipe for spotless cleaning of stains and dirt, regardless of how stubborn they appear.
- Engine: The Generac 6565 Gas Powered Commercial Pressure Washer is fitted with a gasoline engine. Unlike the 7122 engine, it is a 420cc shaft engine, translating to more power and top-notch cleaning performance with reliability. The engine is also made to give long service life if the usage instructions are followed. Supporting its long-life is the low-oil shut-off feature that ensures that the engine shuts off to prevent operating with insufficient oil. The engine also comes with a pro-grade pump that delivers powerful water jets with pressures of about 4200PSI. This gives a flow rate of 4 gallons per minute, perhaps all you need to deal with commercial cleaning tasks.
- Ease of Use and Noise Levels: Like other Generac pressure washers, the Generac 6565 Gas Powered Commercial Pressure Washer is relatively easy to use. With a detailed instruction guide, you can simply assemble the unit and have it running in minutes. It features an adjustable pressure valve that gives the much-needed pressure for all cleaning tasks. It also features an ergonomically designed spray gun that provides a lot of comfort for those who spend long hours handling commercial cleaning. The trigger requires a slight squeeze to produce water at the required pressures. With several nozzle tips, you will have unlimited freedom on which to choose, depending on the task at hand. That aside, you will like the detergent siphon hose and soap nozzle that applies detergents automatically to ease cleaning. The engine starts with a recoil starter, which may require up to 5 pulls to get it started. As for the noise, the unit produces some noise, just like any other gas-operated machine. But, it comes with noise reduction features, which may not be the best. However, the compact design aids in minimizing the levels of noise produced.
5) Generac 7143 Gas Pressure Washer
The Generac 7143 Gas Pressure Washer Kit is an excellent Generac prototype with effortless electric starting abilities and flexible performance.
This residential grade washer is simple to set up, start, and use. The unit is equipped with a lithium-ion battery that holds a charge for up to 18 months. This unit is great for cleaning sidings, patios, cars, fences, decks, and driveways.
- The unit features a powerful 173cc engine with a one-touch push to start button. The auto-choke feature makes it easy to start and delivers maximum cleaning performance.
- It comes with a maintenance-free vertical axial pump with extended pump connections that are easy to set up.
- The adjustable PowerDial gun makes it easy for users to adjust the pressure settings. There are four settings for different tasks, including wood, car, soap, and concrete.
- It comes with a convenient onboard detergent tank that eliminates the need of having messy buckets with soap. The tank is easy to clean and fill.
- It features four quick-connect spray nozzles that make it possible to attend to various cleaning jobs.
- The large never-flat tires make it possible to move the unit on rugged terrains. The built-in nozzle holder is handy in keeping every part intact when moving.
- The Generac 7143 Gas Pressure Washer Kit comes with a 30ft abrasion-resistant high-pressure hose that adds on the unit’s convenience.
- It comes with Power Broom and Soap Blaster attachments that clean four times faster compared to standard nozzles fitted with a power broom. The spray blaster sprays soap three times farther compared to standard nozzle tips. This improves cleaning results.
Why You Buy Generac Pressure Washer?
Pressure washers provide up to 75 more times water pressure compared to regular garden hoses. High pressure saves on water, perhaps why you should consider investing in one pressure washer.
However, the wide array of pressure washers makes it challenging to find the best. Even after singling out one brand, the Generic brand of pressure washers, below are additional considerations to look into before purchasing the unit.
1) Water Pressure Strength
It is important to find a powerful unit that suits your needs. This is directly dependent on what you intend to use the unit for. If you will be cleaning regular surfaces such as driveways, patio, and siding, consider settling for a residential pressure washer.
However, if you will be dealing with paint and heavily embedded moss, mildew and built-up muck, consider finding a unit with high GPM and PSI.
2) Unit Price
Price is a varying factor when it comes to pressure washers. Gas powered units range from several hundred dollars to a thousand dollars, depending on its feature set.
A studier unit with large pressure output and cleaning power will definitely cost more compared to a standard washer. Your budget and intended use will determine your selection.
3) PSI and GPM Output
The PSI and GPM are essential terminologies in this sector that you should be well versed with. PSI stands for Pressure on Square Inch while GPM stands for Gallons Per Minute. A large GPM means that water output from the unit is great.
High PSI and low GPM results in a medium pressure washer. A high PSI and GPM is a sign of a very powerful machine.
Important Accessories for Pressure Washers
1) Nozzle Upgrades
Nozzles are important components that you should consider upgrading to get the most from your pressure washer. As mentioned in individual pressure washer reviews, each unit comes with several degrees of nozzle heads.
Most units come with zero degrees nozzle head attached, that shoots high-powered and concentrated water straight at whatever is being washed. Such pressures from the nozzle tip might be too much for other cleaning tasks, and you should consider finding alternatives.
2) Brass Couplers
You should also consider investing in brass couplers and fittings. The metal fittings provided by Generac are of high quality but having brass couplings as backup provides extra safety and security. What’s more, is that the brass couplings are inexpensive and protects your unit pretty well.
3) Rotating Scrub Brushes
You should also consider investing in extendable washing wands. This is important, especially if you want to stay safe and firm on the ground when using the pressure washer. The scrub brushes make it easier to use the unit as they come with 5 or 10ft extra length, eliminating the need of having to use ladders when washing raised areas.
4) Floor Sweeping Units
Adding floor-sweeping units appear as oversized shop brooms and have little rotating nozzles that make it easy to work on dirt, grime, and gunk. Having one or two is not a bad idea as it can handle a wide area at once. You can also clean tight corners and crannies with much ease.
5) High-Pressure Hoses
Lastly, it is prudent to upgrade the pressure hoses provided by manufacturers. As mentioned in the reviews, most products come with between 20 to 30ft long high-pressure hoses.
Whereas they function optimally, you can consider having another high-rated pressure hose, say 500 PSI or more to provide a buffer zone, preventing accidental blow-outs related to high-pressures.
The Bottom Line
Pressure washers save countless cleaning hours and make the entire process easy and simple. Among the many brands available on the market, Generac manufacturers heavy-duty pressure washers that provide powerful washing.
All these industrial designs match their power output, are easy to use and assemble. Since its inception, the company has stood the test of time in terms of quality, performance, and durability in providing outstanding units.